Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's HOTTER'N $hi*
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
that means it must be beer 30 beer.gif
I'm goin' home
Mmmmmmm beer beerchug.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif
bruce
redshift
I swam outside to take a look at the vegetative matter that fell from the tree onto my black car in the deluge we had here over the weekend.

It's 1900% humidity, the world is like a contiguous flypaper strip...

I wish I drank.

smile.gif

M
Bleyseng
I am goin swimming, its 86 degrees in Seattle. Just got off work.

Geoff
TheCabinetmaker
Oklahoma. 101 Saturday, 102 Sunday,103 today, over 90% humudity all three days!!!!!!!!!!!!!
914 stays inside till after dark, then look out roads!
Curvie Roadlover
Just got out of the hot tub. Air temp - 75 F, water temp - 104 F

AAAAHHHHHHHHH
StratPlayer
We just broke a record here in Salt Lake, 10 days straight with over 100 degrees, mostly 104-103, got a break today its only 99. Unusual, were 4200' above sea level here.
MarkV
Thats a cooling trend, we look forward to 100 degrees laugh.gif Had a high of 116 one day last week. On the same day it was 109 in Phoenix at 10:00 PM. w00t.gif
Brad Roberts
I'll pay the higher taxes and higher housing costs... and higher gas prices...

It's been warm here.. but the nights are in the 60's.

B
MarkV
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 28 2003, 04:43 PM)
I'll pay the higher taxes and higher housing costs... and higher gas prices...

It's been warm here.. but the nights are in the 60's.

B

The nights here are in the mid 70's. Phoenix just has too much concrete.
boxstr
Raining in SanDiego and Palm Desert right now. Wish you were there.
CCLINFLATHEADHEAVEN
URY914
Typical summer in Florida.
8:00 in the morning
80 degrees
80% humidity

Mid 90's by noon
Rain everyday

Paul
Elliot_Cannon
Hi,
Here in beutiful Orange County S. Cal. It cools off so much at night I sleep under a blanket. As long as you are west of the coastal mountains it cools off great. The weather is great. Now if we can find an acceptable replacement for Gov. ?
Cheers, Elliot
TheCabinetmaker
I too sleep under a blanket. My AC works great(not the one in the car). Spent a year in Yuma. hot as hell, but 103F + 90% humidity = 125 heat index. The heat with humidity is worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bruce Allert
Ahhhhh, that Fat Tire went down good beer3.gif jest woke up from a nap on da lawn wit 3 of my dogs. now it's time fer dinner. chowtime.gif hmmmmm, lookin' out my window at the thermometer & it says 115 ohmy.gif it's gotta be broke! blink.gif We don't do heat like that in Boring laugh.gif gotta be only 90.
Glad the AC is crankin beer.gif
bruce
Curvie Roadlover
I'm not gonna complain about the heat. I just think back to last winter as I was out in the garage workin on the teener. This pic was taken back then - OUCH
TheCabinetmaker
Hey Bruce, Love that fat tire. Can't get it here. beer.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Curvie, Ok, I'll quit bitchin about the heat. Hate the cold even more
Bruce Allert
Ah Curvie.... that's cruel fighting19.gif I'm wit'cha V, cold hurts like hell. After bein' in NortDakota for 6 years in wind chills of 80 below fix'n broken water mains I'll take 90 - 100 degrees any day!

Hey V. PM yer addy & I'll send ya some Fat Tire!
bruce
redshift
You guys are freaking crazy! Summer is "Hell-lite".

Serious, one minute in the humidity here, and you start praying, and preaching.

M
scotty
Wait 'till Tuesday, Bruce! (beyond d*mn hot!)
ThinAir
I'm glad the monsoon has finally kicked in. A week ago it was still in the 90's. With no a/c my house heats up and it's not unusual to have 86 inside at 10 pm when the days are that hot. When it's that hot we can't get to sleep before about 1 am. Now we're getting rain every day and it was about 78 today. We're back to getting having a light blanket on the bed at night which sleeps much better. Even with these cooler temps, it's still warm enough for a Dundees when I'm working on the teener! beer3.gif
Bruce Allert
Geezes Ernie, liv'n in Arzerona & no AC ohmy.gif that's masochism happy11.gif
bruce
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(scotty @ Jul 28 2003, 08:03 PM)
Wait 'till Tuesday, Bruce! (beyond d*mn hot!)

Ya, I know Scotty... it pisses me off cuz Tues. afternoons are our weekly golf scramble. If I go out on the course Tues. I'll leave scrambled blink.gif
bruce
Mike9142.0
He live's up north it is cool up there. Down south it is 91 right now. It is hard to work out side and drive a car without a/c, but I do it every day.
tat2dphreak
it was 82 at 8am in Big D... will be over 100 again today... about 90% humidity, no wind worth breathing... it'll cool of to about 78 though... at MIDNIGHT

icon8.gif
Bruce Allert
Now, it's the next day... hotter yet. Only 3:30 and 98 in the shade...
it was beer30 4 hours ago! beerchug.gif
wet heat/dry heat I don't Give a shit it's HOT
bruce
Dad Roberts
Tat.......I used to luv those midnight cruises, on the way home from work,when we lived in the Dallas area. Course, it helped that I was drivin a tube framed buggy with a type 4 engine in it. Puppy ran great.....1911, dual 40s. Fun ride. It was Brads' pedal car before I installed the engine... wink.gif ... Dad
ChrisReale
It hot up here today. 94in the shade by my thermometer. Drove around with the top off, oil temps were around 215.
Curvie Roadlover
Went for a short cruise today. Temp was about 76 degrees F which is just about perfect. wink.gif
VegasRacer
airsix
Supose to hit 109 today. Was 107 when I drove home from work last night. Of course I'm driving the 914. Top down & tunes play'n. It's all good.
-Ben M. (on the non-mossy side of Washington)
Joe Ricard
beer.gif I set my A?C @ 80 degrees in the house. you know what? it feels good too after comming in from the "heat/humidity". What I wanna know is who came up with this "heat index" thing. What did he do stand outside then go shove his head in an oven and decide yup feels like 110 degrees to me.

Been building a patio cover this summer. Start at 6 am quit at 9 am start at 5pm quit when the mosquitos are full. Somedays it is so hot my eye balls fog up. I will use up 4 t-shirts and shorts in a half a day. When you stop sweating you better stop working. assimilate.gif
Aaron Cox
well here in Corona (so-cal), its mid 80's to mid 90's during day. I'm a lifegaurd so i spend lots of time at the pool....what a life confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.