Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 25 JAN 2024 = 1/2 A CENTURY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wonkipop
was the big five oh for the car yesterday.

gave it a party. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Thats love right there folks. Congrats Michael. And Tangerine. birthday3.gif

If I understand your 1.8L research that would make your car a “late 1.8” correct? My BB will join the 50th birthday parties in a couple weeks, and my CS two weeks after that. See what you have started? biggrin.gif
mb911
birthday3.gif
Cairo94507
birthday3.gif
bkrantz
So, when does the 914 start collecting its pension in Oz?
Maltese Falcon
HBD Michael to the "Marmalade jam jar" birthday.gif
3 of our '74s (AfterBurner, 9148gtt & 4 banger) start celebrating their 50th begining in February !!!
Marty
Krieger
That's cool! I love it!

birthday3.gif
Van B
That's awesome! That date kinda slipped by on mine. Which goes to show how awesome it is for yours to still be kicking in it's original clothes half a century later.
Freezin 914
Cars have feelings too!

birthday3.gif
Dion
birthday3.gif beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
smile.gif smile.gif
Root_Werks
That is so cool!

technicalninja
birthday3.gif

You look like your forum handle!

Got a bit of the crazed scientist look going on there!

Good to put a face with the name!
TJB/914

Michael first.gif

Wow, what a special birthday tribute to your 914 pray.gif

Tom
wonkipop
@JeffBowlsby
yes, mr b, according to my research it is a "late" 1.8 - in the sense its right towards the end of that very first batch of 1.8s built from nov 73 to feb 74. the white one dr914 has is about 2 weeks after the jaffa. they start knocking out your favourites, the LEs right after these. beerchug.gif i like to think of bendix electrojet as god who mysteriously appeared in the centre of the cosmos - ie chicago. D-jet is adam. and L jet is eve. they came from the garden of eden which apparently was in a spot now known as germany. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif beer3.gif

@bkrantz
the jaffa will have to work right to the end just like me. biggrin.gif
she is a permanent resident on a special visa but not a citizen. biggrin.gif
if she had her compliance plate in order she would get her beer and cigs money in 2039.

@Van B the coats getting a bit threadbare in a few spots but its still the one the half drunk german spray painter fired in its general direction between beers.
from time to time recently i have been thinking this mental comparison.
in 1974 a 50 year old car side by side looked like this.
Click to view attachment
in 2024 the 914 does not look quite so antique compared to newly borns.

ps Van. what you are looking at in last photo from birthday party is me practicing for AAV fix. i'm going to hook up a hose and run it into the passenger compartment and blow in it when i cold start. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

@technicalninja its about two weeks away from a #2 buzzcut all over. my look fluctuates between a US marine and Albert Einstein on permanent rotation.

Click to view attachment
wonkipop
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Jan 26 2024, 06:38 AM) *

Cars have feelings too!

birthday3.gif

definitely -
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
they respond to affection and care.
and in equal measure to abuse.
wonkipop
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jan 25 2024, 10:04 PM) *

HBD Michael to the "Marmalade jam jar" birthday.gif
3 of our '74s (AfterBurner, 9148gtt & 4 banger) start celebrating their 50th begining in February !!!
Marty

you must have done the aussie language unit in high school marty.

"jam jar" is aud rhyming slang for "car".
officially a languange now in danger of extinction.
along with the aussie accent due to internet effects on the genetic structure of generations born after circa 1999. biggrin.gif
anderssj
piratenanner.gif birthday3.gif piratenanner.gif
wonkipop
ps @technicalninja

my hair turned white overnight at age 40 due to the effects of d i v o r c e.
she was trying to make me sell the car to settle.
spiteful stuff.
i hid it under an apple tree on my uncles orchard and let birds sh#t on it.
a very nice valuer said it was worth next to nothing.

before that i had a hair style that the late michael hutchenence copied.
technicalninja
Wow! Hair band hair!

The white looks GREAT on you!

#2 burr will probably look bad-assed on you as well.

I have an off the wall friend, Pontiac Fiero lover!, that had a ponytail that reached below his waist. This thing was thick and could have easily been used as a leash!

He went from 6 ft long to bald and polished one time when a cancer patient work mate lost her hair and asked for donations...

He ROCKED the bald look like a boss!

Halloween costume that year for Blake was Blue Man Group!
Van B
@wonkipop if you weren't such a stereotypical Aussie who refuses help even if your arm has been bitten off by a croc, you would have a new one by now!

Just channel your inner American and message me your address, you SoB...
wonkipop
QUOTE(Van B @ Jan 26 2024, 05:28 PM) *

@wonkipop if you weren't such a stereotypical Aussie who refuses help even if your arm has been bitten off by a croc, you would have a new one by now!

Just channel your inner American and message me your address, you SoB...

just transmitted.

had to get the enigma code machine from the U boat out of its box and fix some electrical connections before i could transmit to SAC.

chinese survellience is operating in the area disguised as housewives driving KIAs.

wonkipop
QUOTE(technicalninja @ Jan 26 2024, 04:18 PM) *

Wow! Hair band hair!

The white looks GREAT on you!

#2 burr will probably look bad-assed on you as well.

I have an off the wall friend, Pontiac Fiero lover!, that had a ponytail that reached below his waist. This thing was thick and could have easily been used as a leash!

He went from 6 ft long to bald and polished one time when a cancer patient work mate lost her hair and asked for donations...

He ROCKED the bald look like a boss!

Halloween costume that year for Blake was Blue Man Group!

never the hairband length.
hutchenence copied that hairstyle from the grateful dead?

i was the inspiration for his more tasteful period living in paris with kylie minogue.

Click to view attachment

as an amusing anecdote. used to hang out with a mate back in the 80s who did disgraceful things with kylie minogue on the bonnet of a car before she became famous.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
wonkipop
here you go @technicalninja

reckon this was maximum length achieved some time either just before 88 or maybe was early 90s. was still able to hit tile on 4 foot of transition and 4 foot of vert.
aussie pools steep. if you were going to grind the coping you were gonna get a punch in the face from 4 inches of brickwork.
weren't no tony alvas down here. i sensibly gave up except when i got a phone call from someone in the years afterwards when i could stand the shame of spending a whole afternoon and not even get over the light.

but my knees and hip now thank me for early retirement of their abuse.

as van notes i was a stereotypical aussie youth. surfen. skateboarden. and acting like a general all round d$ckhead. but i never threw rocks at crocodiles.

Click to view attachment
krazykonrad
birthday3.gif beerchug.gif

Cheers on 50!

... and thanks for explaining what a Jaffa is.
technicalninja
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Jan 26 2024, 05:40 PM) *

never the hairband length.
hutchenence copied that hairstyle from the grateful dead?

i was the inspiration for his more tasteful period living in paris with kylie minogue.

Click to view attachment

as an amusing anecdote. used to hang out with a mate back in the 80s who did disgraceful things with kylie minogue on the bonnet of a car before she became famous.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

That looks like Jeff Goldblum back in the 80s when he starred in "the Fly!"

And being the Aussie you are I expected you to surf USING crocodiles...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.