Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Shredhead
I'm itching to re-install my windshield. I have a heated shop, but warm sunshine ain't happening any time soon here in CT. Probably should wait? Googling it, came across this from a German site. Pretty funny but the guy is serious! Not sure how I'd get my 2.0 to that speed, and no Autobahn around here. biggrin.gif

"Then, with two people, place the window on the adhesive strip at the same distance all around and press it very lightly all around (really only very lightly!!!!!!!!!!) then it's best to put it in the car and really accelerate to 160 Drive at -180 km/h, so the window is pressed evenly by the wind pressure. "
worn
QUOTE(Shredhead @ Jan 26 2024, 03:20 PM) *

I'm itching to re-install my windshield. I have a heated shop, but warm sunshine ain't happening any time soon here in CT. Probably should wait? Googling it, came across this from a German site. Pretty funny but the guy is serious! Not sure how I'd get my 2.0 to that speed, and no Autobahn around here. biggrin.gif

"Then, with two people, place the window on the adhesive strip at the same distance all around and press it very lightly all around (really only very lightly!!!!!!!!!!) then it's best to put it in the car and really accelerate to 160 Drive at -180 km/h, so the window is pressed evenly by the wind pressure. "

Sensible in a way, but I am not seeing speeds that wol hat up the glass from air friction. Me, I broke the windshield when it was 95% free, so I need a new pc of glass along with a warm shop. Raining right now here in Wisconsin.
worn
QUOTE(worn @ Jan 26 2024, 05:49 PM) *

QUOTE(Shredhead @ Jan 26 2024, 03:20 PM) *

Sensible in a way, but I am not seeing speeds that wol hat up the glass from air friction. Me, I broke the windshield when it was 95% free, so I need a new pc of glass along with a warm shop. Raining right now here in Wisconsin.

Spell check version is above
bkrantz
I definitely got mine to seat better on the day I installed it after some hours in the sun, and then even better after a second day parked outside.

That was in June, and probably around 90° F.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.