Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joec
I'm getting close to choosing a wheel tire combo on my 74 914. The car will be lowered slightly and is stock width. Came with Fuchs knock offs which isn't really my favorite wheel. I do like Mahle, but not really easy to find. I should mention I am staying 4X130 so choices are limited. I also like Minilites but they would have to be ordered. The problem is some people say they won't fit as the largest offset is ET20. I am looking at a 15x 5.5 with an ET20, I think Fuchs or Mahle have an offset of ET40 so a difference of 20mm, will it work? Thoughts? Any minilite people out there with pictures? Most cars I see have flared fenders so no real help to me. Would a 15x 6 work also?
Montreal914
Have you seen this thread?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=336088
Joec
Went through it and there are lots of wheels but no real answer to my offset question. Will an offset of ET20 work?
Geezer914
Place a WTB for Mahles in the classified forum.
sportlicherFahrer
ET20 will bolt on. Depending on tire size(195/60's for instance) you will rub the rear fenders if they haven't been rolled(do not personally recommend doing that) or flared.

ET40 is basically stock fitment, and the original Fuchs and Mahles are at or close to that offset.

Many of the reproduced wheels are ET15-20 or so for Beetle fitment.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
these days there are several choices including custom fit 7 inch fuchs four bolt. Mahle fuchs pedrini in factory used original and fuchs 5.5 and seven inch in repro, the so called riviera and empi 5.5 four bolt wheels have an outset so will not fit the widest tire without rubbing in the back

QUOTE(Joec @ Jan 27 2024, 05:21 PM) *

I'm getting close to choosing a wheel tire combo on my 74 914. The car will be lowered slightly and is stock width. Came with Fuchs knock offs which isn't really my favorite wheel. I do like Mahle, but not really easy to find. I should mention I am staying 4X130 so choices are limited. I also like Minilites but they would have to be ordered. The problem is some people say they won't fit as the largest offset is ET20. I am looking at a 15x 5.5 with an ET20, I think Fuchs or Mahle have an offset of ET40 so a difference of 20mm, will it work? Thoughts? Any minilite people out there with pictures? Most cars I see have flared fenders so no real help to me. Would a 15x 6 work also?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.