Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cybertruck and my 6 #41
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
burton73
I took my top off my 6 for the first time today and stopped over to pick up my bud Alan S @914 who lives a block from my home as the crow flys.

As we went around our bluffs to get a few pictures, as we passed LMU we picked up a Cibertruck and Alan got these shots. Being next to it is kind of being next to a Hummer. We then took the 928 for the same run. Note my rug in Garage. No drips from my 86.5 928 with 44,000 real documented miles. The spot under my 6 is also dripless.

Best Bob B

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=900
721]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Bob,
What a great adventure we had today.
You are a True Porsche Guy..
914/Alan
burton73
QUOTE(914 @ Jan 28 2024, 08:00 PM) *

Bob,
What a great adventure we had today.
You are a True Porsche Guy..
914/Alan

My brother, you are the real Porsche guy!

happy that we are buds

Best Bob
wonkipop
whats the deal wth the number plate on the c truck?
with the date feb 22 2024 on it?

i take it that is not a regular plate?

--------

the yellow 14 looks fab. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

and 928s still manage to look they were designed yesterday or even tomorrow. beerchug.gif
Craigers17
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Jan 29 2024, 04:52 AM) *

whats the deal wth the number plate on the c truck?
with the date feb 22 2024 on it?

i take it that is not a regular plate?

--------

the yellow 14 looks fab. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

and 928s still manage to look they were designed yesterday or even tomorrow. beerchug.gif

The plate is a temporary dealer tag. The dealership gives you a temporary tag until your permanent license plates are either mailed to you or picked up. The date on the tag designates the date the temp tag expires, which is usually a month from purchase.
NARP74
Glad you are able to drive and enjoy.
rhodyguy
Why would you write on the back of your brand new vehicle still running a temp plate? What does ‘wrap or bust mean’? That proud owner is stuck with it, and any payment, for a year.

The interior on the yellow car is striking.
Cairo94507
Hey Bob,

So glad to see you out and enjoying your Six. Looks great with the top off too.
Cheers,
Michael
Front yard mechanic
I used to have that exact same rug but I had to throw it out it had so many oil leaks on it stromberg.gif
burton73
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Jan 29 2024, 03:48 PM) *

I used to have that exact same rug but I had to throw it out it had so many oil leaks on it stromberg.gif

I bought that rug from a Emser rug company in Los Angeles in 1983 for $1,000. The guy said it took a family in India 6 months to make it. First buy for our first home. The kids did not want it so, it ended up in the Garage.

Bob B
densible1
so bob, the rug is older than the 928 , looks to be in same great condition as 38yr. old car. Preservation garage action.
ur bud mark
worn
The rug screams out, in a muted way: Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful! I mean two Porsches with no drips?!! pray.gif Envy is such a sad thing. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.