Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ultimate 914 GM V8 (at least in $$ spent)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
...or for other guys who frown on these conversions. This car was professionally built by a Porsche tuner but even the parts costs were in the 6 figures.
neo914-6
Typical track 914 interior...

dates are two years early confused24.gif
neo914-6
more, look at those calipers...
neo914-6
can you say NASCAR
neo914-6
she flys laugh.gif
neo914-6
935 steering
neo914-6
other side of the wheel
neo914-6
Mike trying to figure out how much the tranny upgrade on his car will cost after he found out the bill on this car... laugh.gif
Brett W
Kick Ass! smilie_pokal.gif

Bet it will out run Grant's car. wink.gif

JK Grant.
Britain Smith
QUOTE (Neo914-6 @ Aug 20 2005, 07:23 PM)
935 steering

Has Bill Pickering seen this set-up...he is getting powersteering installed in his car by JWE right now.

-Britain
grantsfo
Very nice!
J P Stein
He's gonna need a co-pilot to read all them gauges. laugh.gif
6 figures? It falls under the "more money than good sense" catagory to my way of thinking. Pretty trick, tho.
Andyrew
did they start it up?

How did it sound with those race mufflers?

im curious....

sick car...
neo914-6
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Aug 21 2005, 08:24 AM)
did they start it up?

How did it sound with those race mufflers?

im curious....

sick car...

Andrew,
Yep, pretty strange hearing this roar in a Porsche shop. laugh.gif

JP,
Yes, in retrospect he could have bought a much better and highly engineered car (I quoted 50%) for his money. Basically the story is he's a successful guy who has a friendly rivalry with another group of successfull men with very nice and fast cars. His cousin, whom I know well built a "budget" 914 V8 which impressed him enough to want build one as well. The idea of having an old car beat new tt 996's and other new exotics was appealing to him. He hired a well known local Porsche tuner (don't ask me why) so you add a high-end shop rate, learning curve, R & D, track support, and a customer that changes direction frequently then you end up with a huge bill. I hear the car is close to being sorted and has finally had a successful race at ThunderHill so it may be well worth it to him. His fun comes at a higher price then most of us are used to...
Andyrew
How did it sound with those mufflers?

Any way streetable?

Im considering a new... never mind.. dont ask rolleyes.gif ......

Lets just say magnaflow makes a round muffler that I like the looks of.

Andrew
J P Stein
QUOTE (Neo914-6 @ Aug 21 2005, 06:22 PM)

JP,
Yes, in retrospect he could have bought a much better and highly engineered car (I quoted 50%) for his money. Basically the story is he's a successful guy who has a friendly rivalry.....

Don't misunderstand, I'd love to have the time & money to build something like that......but I'd start with a clean sheet of paper.
BIGKAT_83
Thanks for the pictures Felix,thats alot car. Those look like some of the first generation SBII heads.???

Bob biggrin.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Aug 21 2005, 06:40 PM)
QUOTE (Neo914-6 @ Aug 21 2005, 06:22 PM)

JP,
Yes, in retrospect he could have bought a much better and highly engineered car (I quoted 50%) for his money.  Basically the story is he's a successful guy who has a friendly rivalry.....

Don't misunderstand, I'd love to have the time & money to build something like that......but I'd start with a clean sheet of paper.

If this is what you get with 200k with an existing chassis, in my estimation expect to pay 7 figures in R & D for a clean sheet design.

What's interesting is this tuner sponsor's a race Ultima. My guess is when someone comes to you with an open checkbook and an idea you try to accomodate them...
neo914-6
QUOTE (BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 21 2005, 06:51 PM)
Thanks for the pictures Felix,thats alot car. Those look like some of the first generation SBII heads.???

Bob biggrin.gif

Bob,

There are lots more but I have a crappy PC and no program to easily resize them.

I don't have the specs of the 40k NASCAR engine, the tech just told me it had "R P" markings...
turbo914v8
One word Wow.
SirAndy
if you like that kind of stuff, here's another one for you. not a 914, but hey ...

brad worked on it in his PA shop. owner is a cop. street legal rocketship ...
cool_shades.gif Andy

SirAndy
one more ...
neo914-6
...and his friend is a Superior Court Judge who owns a professionally built 911 V8, people you shouldn't cross. laugh.gif They were at the Milpitas meet #2 and you will probably see them at the upcoming meet.
Mueller
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Aug 23 2005, 07:01 PM)
if you like that kind of stuff, here's another one for you. not a 914, but hey ...

brad worked on it in his PA shop. owner is a cop. street legal rocketship ...
cool_shades.gif Andy

oh yea...I installed a new distributor in that car...what a PITA smash.gif

loudest car I have ever heard..........being in a closed workshop didn't help screwy.gif
Aaron Cox
id LOVE to see the cooling sytem on the front of that beast....

unsure.gif
SGB
A
M
A
Z
I
N
G

All of 'em.
Brett W
I bet adjusting the timing in the 911 is a bitch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.