Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Update - SCAM 1976 914 with FAT 2.2 link to ad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
wmark
I was cruising the web and found this one....I'm always suspicious of ads on the internet, but the seller confirmed by email that the vehicle is for sale. Looks like a nice buy for only $15k, car located in San Diego. Not vouching for it, wish I was in a position to explore it further.

UPDATE - THIS AD IS A SCAM AND THE LINK HAS BEEN REMOVED
technicalninja
I'm surprised to see a 76 highly modified in Cali.

I thought 76 required all of the emissions to pass.

Are some areas of Cali different than others in emissions requirements?
TheRuttmeister
QUOTE(technicalninja @ Jan 30 2024, 09:23 AM) *

I'm surprised to see a 76 highly modified in Cali.

I thought 76 required all of the emissions to pass.

Are some areas of Cali different than others in emissions requirements?

Not all counties require regular smog testing. But the state requires a valid smog when you transfer ownership.

Some googling says that CA requires a Cat on that exhaust to be compliant.
wmark
Now I'm sorry I posted the link. This is a scam, here is "her" follow up email to me. Can I delete this post and prevent everyone from being scammed?

[i]The reason I'm selling the vehicle for this price is because my husband passed away 1 [i]months ago and I was forced to move with my 2 young kids to my parents house in Euclid, OH, to be easier for me and my children.
The car is here with me and from here will be shipped. Price is $15000 including all delivery costs to your home address.

So considering the circumstances I made arrangements with an Escrow Company to help me with delivery as I'm unable to. It is already in their possession all prepped & ready for delivery.
This is the Company: Shipping Room Products ( http://shippingroomproducts.com/ )

The Company takes care of everything, delivery, documents, payment, insurance transport and all. This is what I can offer you as I already explained to you my situation.
If you agree please reply to me with your full name, shipping address and phone number and I will process the transaction on your name and also to get the tracking number.
808 WRX
QUOTE(wmark @ Jan 30 2024, 11:29 AM) *

Now I'm sorry I posted the link. This is a scam, here is "her" follow up email to me. Can I delete this post and prevent everyone from being scammed?

@wmark You can edit your original post and remove the link
Montreal914
Looking forward to receiving a similar reply since I too sent an email for the add... rolleyes.gif
technicalninja
Had one here in Texas that said the vehicle was in Jacksonville Florida.

At the time my dad lived there.

I said, "Great my dad lives about 20 minutes away from you and can pick the vehicle up with cash!"

Crickets...
rhodyguy
Fakers tried too hard. The delivery included to your house sure sounded swell. Over played their hand. Made it too good to be true.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.