Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official WCR 2024 Thread adding Thur night pub bus
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Still putting together all the details, but Room Reservations for the Shilo below-
https://Groups.hotels.com/eh/4l0g4-4o7u
Rooms from $152 a night.
WORD OF WARNING - Bend can get really expensive in the summer. Make your reservations ASAP! The link will take you to the special prices. They will not hold a block of rooms without a large deposit, so if you can go make your reservations.

We will open up the registrations shortly, to include a credit for dinner and a shirt with swag and more!

Building out the itinerary and will be personally sponsoring a 3 hr pub bus on Thursday night! So if you can add in Thursday it will be worth it!
PanelBilly
I’ve got a room.
Mikey914
Made ours!
MartyYeoman
Booked.
FL000
Booked beerchug.gif
Mikey914
Working with a local club to see if we can get a day of autocross too!
More news soon.
Root_Werks
Trying to get my wife to secure that Friday off work. I might just book regardless. It'd suck to go without her but.....

driving.gif
Mikey914
Guys, really wanted to let those that like the beer to have a chance to try some really good Beer. Meet at 5pm for a 6pm departure from lobby on Thursday.

Yes Thursday.

No one will have to drive, so you can try all the beer you want! beer3.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif
Mikey914
I guess I should qualify the Bus. There are 30 spots and I have 6 that PM'ed me + myself and Jannelle

So there are 22 open spots on the Bus If you want to be assured a seat. Let us know here.
PanelBilly
Put us down for 2. I’ll update the hotel beerchug.gif
rgalla9146
I see these distant events and wonder about hitting the road.
2700+ miles... one way.
I'd love to do it.
There was a time.
In 1975 we attended the Porsche Parade at Seattle/Tacoma.
'We' were my two younger sisters, my brother, my future brother in law and I.
We were in two Porsches, a '69 911T and a '59 356 sunroof coupe.
Five of us... two in the T and three in the 356.
THREE in a 1600cc two seater for 3500 miles.
Youth. beerchug.gif
sportlicherFahrer
Room booked. Planning on getting down there Thursday, but not sure on timing yet.

For anyone headed down from the greater Puget Sound area that may want to go in a pack:

My wife and I are currently thinking about leaving mid to late morning Thursday(about 10ish) from the Museum of Flight parking lot, heading across the mountains, and going south from Ellensburg. Only adds about 45 minutes vs going down I-5 to Portland, and should provide a much more scenic day(at least on the WA side of the trip).
NotLance
Hotel booked - Will be driving up from the bay w/ my dad on Friday.
Greenwithenvy
Please put me down for 3 for the beer crawl (bus).
jhynesrockmtn
Booked room, wife is tbd biggrin.gif

Time to get to work on round 2 of the BB refresh

Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Feb 14 2024, 06:44 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Tell her my wife will be there and she needs company
PanelBilly
If you're wanting to go, but can't see driving your car that far, I might be able to help. We rent out the 968. Its still a healthy drive from Seattle, but there will be a crew driving down together. You'll be sitting on the right side of the car

Click to view attachment
jhynesrockmtn
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 15 2024, 03:39 PM) *

QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Feb 14 2024, 06:44 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Tell her my wife will be there and she needs company

I talked to her last night. She's in. She loves Bend.
jdbogart@self-serv.net
My wife Judy and I booked a room starting Thursday night, so we'll be there for the bus ride. Hope there's still space!
Thanks to the organizers for their work.
Don & Judy Bogart

https://vimeo.com/743827418/f184001735?share=copy
ValcoOscar
Thanks, will confirm with my wife so we can book!!!!

O

Pacman1973
I am beyond stoked that this is coming to Bend..my home town!!!

My father Matt Carey (doesn't get on 914 world often) and I will for sure be attending and maybe even hosting a barbeque one night.

I have a 73 black 1.7 and a family of "hop along" kiddos who will be attending
my father has an early 73 (72 MY) 2.0 with the A pillar vinyl factory applied.

Look forward to getting together with all of you! Last one we attended was Brookings

p.s. If something arises (fingers crossed it doesn't) we do have a relatively complete 74 parts car and a slew of other parts spread out over the years.

Safe travels and can't wait to see you all over in beautiful Bend!Click to view attachment
jcd914
Room booked for WCR starting Thursday night for Mary and I.

You can add 2 more to the Beer bus passenger list!

Thanks
Jim
JRust
Not sure I can make the whole weekend but I'll make at the least a day trip out. Good to see it back in Oregon.
pencap914
Just booked a room at the Shilo Inn, I'll be brining the wife n kids in tow so not sure if I'll be able to make the Brew bus.

Also, I'm HOPING this is the last year I drive the 996 to a 914 event. The 914 shell is scheduled for media blasting this Friday. aktion035.gif But certainly wont be done in time for June!

Click to view attachment
piscean914
thanks very much for putting this year's wcr together!

- i know that everyone really appreciates your time and effort, and their opportunity to visit and drive this amazing part of the great northwest

- booked at the event hotel - thanks for securing the group rates

- wife and 2 small kids may come out as well (in modern honda pilot or less modern 1953 hudson hornet) - i should be driving an old air cooled porsche, hopefully my 914

- you may be still putting together the itinerary - perhaps consider a drive to crater lake lodge - haven't made it yet, although many times trying (too early in season w/snow or out of time) - perhaps others haven't been up to crater lake either

- thanks again!

image from brookings, oregon - past wcr

Click to view attachment
piscean914
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Feb 12 2024, 07:23 AM) *

Room booked. Planning on getting down there Thursday, but not sure on timing yet.

For anyone headed down from the greater Puget Sound area that may want to go in a pack:

My wife and I are currently thinking about leaving mid to late morning Thursday(about 10ish) from the Museum of Flight parking lot, heading across the mountains, and going south from Ellensburg. Only adds about 45 minutes vs going down I-5 to Portland, and should provide a much more scenic day(at least on the WA side of the trip).

thanks for posting this - i plan to head out thursday - i agree about heading over snoqualmie pass - well worth the extra 35 miles, which will be easily made up with the time savings through portland, or - i tend to keep a quick pace, no stops, except for gas, which i know doesn't work for everyone, so i may be more on the same route vs driving together

here are my 2 suggested routes from north seattle 98115:

faster and direct - 363 miles

- https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Seattle,+WA...3;3e0?entry=ttu

longer and more twisties - 390 miles

- https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Seattle,+WA...3;3e0?entry=ttu
rhodyguy
You never know what you’re going to get 5ing it south then Hwy 20 over to madras and bend. Timing is everything. I did it one time. Before Detroit Lakes was a black burn zone. It was not a fun drive. Driving down the east side of the Oregon Cascades would be nice. Great geology.
jhynesrockmtn
QUOTE(Pacman1973 @ Feb 27 2024, 09:54 AM) *

My father Matt Carey (doesn't get on 914 world often) and I will for sure be attending and maybe even hosting a barbeque one night.

Look forward to getting together with all of you! Last one we attended was Brookings

p.s. If something arises (fingers crossed it doesn't) we do have a relatively complete 74 parts car and a slew of other parts spread out over the years.

Safe travels and can't wait to see you all over in beautiful Bend!Click to view attachment

I am going to guess you were the hero that helped our group get back on the road on our way to Rennsport last year. I plan to be there and I'm guessing Brian, who now has your donor driver side trailing arm in his 74 will be there as well. We'd love the opportunity to buy you a beer or two!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
FL000
I’m in for 2 on the beer bus beer3.gif
Pacman1973
QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Mar 11 2024, 06:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Pacman1973 @ Feb 27 2024, 09:54 AM) *

I am going to guess you were the hero that helped our group get back on the road on our way to Rennsport last year. I plan to be there and I'm guessing Brian, who now has your donor driver side trailing arm in his 74 will be there as well. We'd love the opportunity to buy you a beer or two!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

How freaking awesome! Yes that was me, and I love telling that story to other car people I know. To me, the community is what it's all about. Can't wait to see you guys over here again, and hopefully this time it'll be over beer instead of under a car. Cheers!
jim_hoyland
icon_bump.gif Where are we registration wise ?
RoyBoy
First time poster longtime fan
BUT I'M IN
What's next?
RoyBoy
Bummer got to figure the photo out!!
sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(RoyBoy @ Apr 2 2024, 07:20 PM) *

First time poster longtime fan
BUT I'M IN
What's next?

Keep an eye on the first post for updates. Usually the majority of the needed info for registration and such ends up there. beerchug.gif
ValcoOscar
Just BOOKED ROOM....It's On

Leaving SoCal 6/19 TBD...but will arrive Thursday for sure.

beer.gif beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif driving.gif

aktion035.gif

Oscar and wifey
mxkinn01
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Apr 3 2024, 10:45 AM) *

Just BOOKED ROOM....It's On

Leaving SoCal 6/19 TBD...but will arrive Thursday for sure.

beer.gif beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif driving.gif

aktion035.gif

Oscar and wifey

Well if Oscar and Elvira are going, I'm gonna have to represent Las Vegas.
Mike and Donna are in.
Room booked.
worn
Just booked my room, but the computer wouldn't let me book Thursday night. 28 hour drive according to the computer. Says going thru Spokane avoids a high wind area, apparently near Denver? Hope the Colorado contingent isn't at risk! For me, it is 28 hrs either way.
After the event, I drive to North Bend WA, where I hope to store my car.

Youse folks in the PNW. We bought land a hundred yards or so out of North Bend, so it is King County. More than a year has passed and we still have no building permit. I knew it was hell in a hand basket since we left 35 years ago, but is that normal?
FL000
QUOTE(worn @ Apr 7 2024, 08:31 AM) *

Just booked my room, but the computer wouldn't let me book Thursday night.

I realized after the fact that I hadn’t booked Thursday. i called the hotel and booking company and they weren’t able to modify, so I ended up just making another separate reservation for Thursday at the same price. That was a few weeks ago so maybe availability has changed?
jim_hoyland

?
jim_hoyland
Booked my room; flying to Redman. Looking for a ride to Bend Thursday
914werke
how come this isnt highlighted or pinned confused24.gif
Start the clock~
Mikey914
Just finalizing the artwork this week, Registration will be opening up soon. We did get some sponsorship from a few entities that will help keep costs down and add in more fun. Will be doing recon on drives 1st weekend in May!!!! beer3.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.