Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 FI parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SLKWrx
Hi all,

What are the the differences in parts between the 1.7 FI and the 2.0 FI parts? Are any of them cross compatable?

Thanks for the info.

-- Steve
TravisNeff
Lessee... aux air regulator, pressure regulator, fuel pump, cold start vavle and that is it.

You can recalibrate your MPS to 2.0 specs, you can use Brad Anders cross compatibility charts to see if you can use the ECU and or/distributor
TravisNeff
TS1 and TS2 are the same (as long as you don't have a 73 2.0 it has a different TS2)
TravisNeff
You can use the harness as well, you have to lengthen 1 or 2 connections to do so.
SLKWrx
Actually, my intention was to create a megasquirt FI system. But the engine I have has none of the pieces that I need. Came with carbs. I have a 1.7 that has the stock FI.. I was hoping I could scavage at least the runners, injectors, and TB.

-- Steve
Tom Perso
Actually, the 1.7L injectors will work fine on a 2.0L with Megasquirt. The 2.0L flow a TON... If you do the math from the MSEFI site, you will find that 1.7L injectors work fine.

Some people run the 2.0L injectors but lower fuel pressure (30 psi or so).

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.