Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Quick Six type bolt in 914/6 motor mount.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Karl R
I'm just building a 2.2 for street use, so this approach should be good enough for a while. I would really like the type that bolt to the stock motor mount, but I'm interested in anything that would work. I may go weld-in at some point, but I don't weld and I don't want to flatbed the thing all over town so early in the project.
mepstein
Make sure your headers or heat exchangers will fit. I think that was an issue with these style mounts.
brant
The bolt in quick 6 was known to crack/fail

The motor weight is the same no matter which displacement
And apparently too muck for a quick 6
live free & drive
I have a Patrick Motorsports bolt in engine mount I'd sell for $375 (or you can weld in if you like, or both). These are no longer available from Patrick.

This mount, but set up to bolt in - includes all hardware:

https://patrickmotorsports.com/collections/...90dc7&_ss=r

Click to view attachment
914werke
QUOTE(live free & drive @ Feb 3 2024, 11:01 AM) *

I have a Patrick Motorsports bolt in engine mount I'd sell for $375 (or you can weld in if you like, or both). These are no longer available from Patrick.

Looks Like the Naro Mount.
mepstein
QUOTE(914werke @ Feb 3 2024, 05:42 PM) *

QUOTE(live free & drive @ Feb 3 2024, 11:01 AM) *

Looks Like the Naro Mount.

The Naro Mount is weld in only.
sixnotfour
Patrick Motorsports revised design of the full crossbar mount ,, that cracked..
How ever the crosbar mount Ive ran for years ..must use solid mounts..

914Toy
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 3 2024, 04:48 PM) *

I have used a modified "crossbar" mount for my 911 2.7 engine. Why do you say " must use solid Mounts"?

Steve
I ran a MSDS quick six bar NLA with standard sport mounts for over 15 years with no problems except it only worked with Headers. It blocked the heat exchangers. PMS used to sell a curved quick six bar NLA that had issues. There was a lot of home made crap and cheap imitations that had issues. They either broke, sat low and scraped on speed bumps or vibration issues.
914Toy
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 3 2024, 04:48 PM) *

To further clarify, here is a poor quality pic of the crossbar mount, showing the angle iron weld-on reinforcement of one of the earlier (?) Type 1V engine mount crossbars, with a "yoke" welded onto it to bolt onto the engine.
Click to view attachment
Karl R
I'd kinda like one that picks up the stock -4 motor mounts until I get to the point I want to weld one in. There must be some out there.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.