Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch Recommendations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pfreiburger
Looking for experiences from those of you who have done a 4 to 6 swap and used a 901-family transmission. I am looking at going with a 2.7, around 200 HP, for driving on the street almost exclusively. I would appreciate recommendations based on your experiences with clutch/pressure plate pairs you have used. Thanks!
campbellcj
QUOTE(pfreiburger @ Feb 9 2024, 06:17 PM) *

Looking for experiences from those of you who have done a 4 to 6 swap and used a 901-family transmission. I am looking at going with a 2.7, around 200 HP, for driving on the street almost exclusively. I would appreciate recommendations based on your experiences with clutch/pressure plate pairs you have used. Thanks!

Hey There -

I'm not sure how much this will help you as my car is set up for >80% track use and is just marginally streetable; but that said I do find this setup reasonably friendly and usable.

FLW.901.102.026 or 901.102.026.01 Lightweight flywheel (906/911R type)
88.3082.999.741 Sport pressure plate
88.1861.999.783 Sport clutch disc

Here are some PMS links for reference though my local indy shop in LA did my car and the same parts are likely available via multiple sources.

https://patrickmotorsports.com/products/flw90110202601rsrpms
https://patrickmotorsports.com/products/clu883082999741
https://patrickmotorsports.com/products/clu881861000064

Cheers,

pfreiburger
Thanks much for the information, the Patrick links are very helpful, this sounds like a good way to go – except that I probably would use a stock 911 flywheel. I see that PMB also has a Sachs sport clutch package, I need to find out if the two are the same. Thanks again.
mb911
QUOTE(pfreiburger @ Feb 12 2024, 08:41 PM) *

Thanks much for the information, the Patrick links are very helpful, this sounds like a good way to go – except that I probably would use a stock 911 flywheel. I see that PMB also has a Sachs sport clutch package, I need to find out if the two are the same. Thanks again.

Sport clutches are the same from PMB and Patrick as long as they are sachs branded. A stock 4cyl clutch package will do almost everything you need. I run a 4 spring NOS one in my car currently with zero issues.
914Toy
I have the same engine/transmission combination. I have just renewed my clutch with a new flywheel and clutch combination from Pelican Parts, as recommended by them. It is a perfect outcome for mostly street driving.
914Sixer
Here you go Rockauto.com OEM Sachs. $281 Click to open for details
dr914@autoatlanta.com
911 914 sachs is the easiest and would be fine, along with a 65-69 911 / 916-6 flywheel

QUOTE(pfreiburger @ Feb 9 2024, 07:17 PM) *

pfreiburger
Good information, thanks all!

Now back to building up the conversion stockpile...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.