Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FOUND: zenith crossbar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
nditiz1
Didn't realize zenith crossbar is different. Before I start bending this brand new one does anyone have one?
mb911
They really aren’t different you just have to bend it unfortunately
nditiz1
QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 10 2024, 06:20 AM) *

For forever I thought the same. It wasn't until I tried the PMO/weber yesterday that I realized the difference. The zenith one extends out past the normal PMO/weber to get around the accelerator pump linkage.
mb911
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Feb 10 2024, 06:41 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 10 2024, 06:20 AM) *

For forever I thought the same. It wasn't until I tried the PMO/weber yesterday that I realized the difference. The zenith one extends out past the normal PMO/weber to get around the accelerator pump linkage.

Yea and no. Call DC carbs. Dave will tell exactly the same thing I am. Just did a set on a clients car. It’s stupid but really the problem is the PMO bracket on the manifold on cylinders 4,5,6
nditiz1
I thought the brackets were identical, guess I could be wrong there as well. I will need to bend to extend both sides to get around the accelerator pumps.
mb911
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Feb 10 2024, 09:15 AM) *

I thought the brackets were identical, guess I could be wrong there as well. I will need to bend to extend both sides to get around the accelerator pumps.

So the 456 bracket seems to be very flimsy and I suspect they didn’t have enough adjustment within the slots. That bracket sliding towards the fan is the magic touch
Retroracer
So am guessing the mounting brackets are different for a Zenith setup? I've use a couple of crossbars, one of which is from a Weber set up and it works fine with Zeniths, no clearance issues. Did not know there was a difference until now!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Agreed Dave Cheney would be most likely to know for sure,

- Tony
nditiz1
I have bent the current PMO bar and it should work.

That bar you have on there is a zenith specific. The PMO bar as well as the weber crossbar do not extended out at the ends like your does. Here is an example of the weber/PMO bar.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.