Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 9146 engine wiring harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mate914
Six I am finishing up after 20+ years of being a empty shell needs a engine wiring harness. Should I have the new engine wiring harness changed over to run MSD and a self regulating alternator or keep it stock and then make my own plugin for finishing?

Matt
mate914
QUOTE(mate914 @ Feb 10 2024, 10:40 AM) *

Six I am finishing up after 20+ years of being a empty shell needs a engine wiring harness. Should I have the new engine wiring harness changed over to run MSD and a self regulating alternator or keep it stock and then make my own plugin for finishing?

Matt

Click to view attachment
Tom1394racing
I bought a new 914-6 harness from Restoration Design for my -4 into -6 GT project. It comes with a very detailed wiring diagram. It is pricey but it was worth it for me.

I will be running twin MDS and an externally regulated alternator.
mate914
QUOTE(Tom1394racing @ Feb 10 2024, 11:02 AM) *

I bought a new 914-6 harness from Restoration Design for my -4 into -6 GT project. It comes with a very detailed wiring diagram. It is pricey but it was worth it for me.

I will be running twin MDS and an externally regulated alternator.

I will also be purchasing from restoration design. The GT car looks good.
Matt
technicalninja
If I paid big bucks for a restoration quality wire harness, I'd make plug ins.

Leave the "original" stock to allow back dating to the original ignition and charging system with simple bolt in should you (or the next owner) want to go concours down the road.
930cabman
I used a decent /4 one as purchased from Brad and added the necessary bits. For the alternator I started from scratch.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
stock the original cd box works just fine

QUOTE(mate914 @ Feb 10 2024, 08:40 AM) *

Matt

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.