Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: picking up your car from the factory.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wonkipop
interesting article i stumbled over from porsche newsroom.

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2020/compan...usen-20840.html

of esoteric interest to 74 1.8 owners. biggrin.gif beer.gif
looks like dr. h. marchart's silver 1.8 up the back of the carpark where the staff put their cars? a couple of 911s there too but can see someone else on the payroll might have been rolling a Golf GTI. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
(of course dr. marchart had the go fast euro 1.8 with twin carbs and a blistering 85hp available to his right foor beer.gif )

Click to view attachment

he left the car to the P museum. kept it in pretty good condition - i don't think its been restored. maybe just cleaned up thoroughly but still original.
the man being considered one of the fathers of the boxster had a real soft spot for the 914 and in its most humble form too.

Click to view attachment

and also of esoteric interest to all long serving NARPs and NARPIES.
original sales order for a 1949 porsche 356.
might be #1 order form.
they just used a VW sales order stationary and crossed out VW.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
does that make a 356 a VW/Porsche? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
1949 the year of the original NARP? beerchug.gif beer.gif

Click to view attachment
windforfun
Fascinating. It's interesting how they didn't have up to date paperwork (forms). I've been to Germany, but not for a car. Excellent food there. Thanks for posting.

chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif
930cabman
Has always been one of those bucket items for me. These days I am not interested in anything new, except for a new F150 piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.