Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pelican delays
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Everything ordered was claimed in stock and available.
No special order (front brake pads, etc, 911)

All the way TO THE END of the transaction, after selecting shipping method.

Thanks for the transaction, thanks for your money.
Shipping will happen on February 20th.
It’s Feb 10th today

At no time during the entire process did a 10 day delay in actually shipping my items ever come up.

Is this how the new owners at Pelican are losing customers forever?

If this is real, It will be very hard for me to trust pelican again.
mate914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 10 2024, 07:44 PM) *

It’s Feb 10th today

At no time during the entire process did a 10 day delay in actually shipping my items ever come up.

They are not the only ones to mislead on shipping. Sad it is.
Matt
mb911
Fcp euro for in stock items. Azautohaus is like pelican a middle man but pretty quick as well. I use fcp euro/pmb/ auto Atlanta for 95% of my stuff
bkrantz
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 10 2024, 06:44 PM) *

It’s Feb 10th today

When did Pelican change hands?
windforfun
Customer service is terrible these days. Nobody answers the phone or returns emails. AA is still kicking ass & I can still recommend them & George big time.
mepstein
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Feb 10 2024, 09:33 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 10 2024, 06:44 PM) *

It’s Feb 10th today

When did Pelican change hands?

3-4 years ago
technicalninja
Strangely enough,

The last 6 shipments from Rock Auto (who is notoriously slow) have been lightning fast.

You're offered faster shipping for more money, sometimes MUCH more.

Slow boat, cheapest has equaled the most expensive...

Can't last!

SO.O.C914er
Perfect timing to bag on Pelican parts. Two days ago I placed a $110.00 order I had a 10% discount flyer from PCA no where on it does it say minimum order. When I went to check out the discount section came up in red minimum $200.00 order required. In the comment field I entered. Shame on you Pelican
SirAndy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 10 2024, 04:44 PM) *

... claimed in stock and available ...

These days that usually means:
"We know someone who has the parts and we'll have them drop-shipped to you"

Most online parts houses don't really have a large warehouse with items anymore.
dry.gif
mepstein
A buddy of mine placed a large order with them and paid a lot of money to have it shipped overnight. (Wanted it quick to work on it over a long weekend) He didn’t see the order for a week. The explanation from customer service was they sent it overnight once they received the parts from their suppliers. They don’t guarantee that overnight gets an order to you overnight. They promised him a refund but he never got it.
partwerks
PIXEL PERFET FINDS INC
I think this was like a secondary outfit. IDK, but ordered that sticky rubber that goes behind the window. It was for a Ford Ranger side window, but ordered it last Oct. 25th, and still has not showed up. The last update was Jan 28th, and said it would be here in two weeks. I assume it was coming from China, or was it coming at all?
After about a month into it, I called the credit card up, and I got my $ back.
Whole story was going to save 10 bucks on shipping, but said it would be 8-16 days for shipping, so I figured I didn't have to do it right away, and the weather would still be reasonable to put it in, but didn't realize it was going to turn into the creature feature........
If it does show up, I'd be wondering what kind of junk I'll be getting.
914Sixer
Just to let you know, I ordered fro FCP Euro and it took 10 days for brake calipers to arrive. They were shipped FREE with NO time frame. PROBABLY the delay is on the shipper NOT the seller. UPS and FedEx suck because of the layoffs. Two, three day packages now take a week at increased prices.
campbellcj
I'm not usually one to pile-on and vendor bash, but FWIW I stopped buying from Pelican many years ago due to multiple/numerous delayed and botched orders...
nditiz1
There is a calendar when you order on Pelican when you place an order. If you go for free shipping they take their sweet time in fulfilling and then ultimately shipping. If you pay for shipping they are usually faster. I buy from them a lot when I have enough for free shipping or I need a part fast. AA has left a sour taste in my mouth on a couple of situ where the website showed a part in stock and then ultimately the order is cancelled with NLA days later. I wish they would tell me same day it's OOS so I can buy it somewhere else.

Honestly now I shop google for lowest price and free shipping if I can get it. Newparts.com and partsgeek have been pretty good as of late. Partsgeek.com - DANSK new 911 fuel tank for $350 plus $12 shipping is pretty good.
mb911
Check out mammoth racing as well free shipping and fast delivery. I think they just carry everything for every car but got an LSD for 925 shipped. Fcp euro free shipping and lifetime warranty is hard to beat and still family owned from what I read
Steve
I ordered some bolts last Sunday from Pelican. It said everything in stock. Same crap, said it will ship in another week. Normally it would ship on Monday and show up Tuesday. Weird but it was shipped from South San Francisco on Tuesday and showed up on Wednesday. They tried to update their website awhile back and it’s never been the same since. I would give them a call if you have any questions. I have had good luck calling in when once in a blue moon they mess up my order.
r_towle
I used FCP for the whole front suspension, no issues.
I figured I would use Pelican to give them some business.
Not gonna happen again.

I’m also the guy who goes to the local foreign parts house and I will buy it and wait. They need more business again. Same time delays, except I have to go get the order once it arrives, which is not always possible.
Mikey914
Pelican does have some of thier own inventory, but mostly resells.
We sell product through Pelican.

What you are looking at is least expensive shipping. 10 days indicates an international shipper.

The real question is origin.
Artfrombama
Having order problems with Pelican myself. Inventory shows in stock when it is out of stock, doesn't ship when promised, partial orders... Beginning to think their customer service is like everyone else!
rhodyguy
Bean counters fuck things up everytime.
Krieger
It took a week to get a Mahle oil filter from them. It is now made in China
Lucky9146
Just learned the other day when trying to place a high dollar order at Pelican, they no longer offer 10% PCA discount. For years they had this and I never really had any big buys to take advantage of it, but now when I do, It's GONE! Replaced with $25 of any purchase over $200 for PCA confused24.gif
driving.gif white914.jpg
worn
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 10 2024, 07:40 PM) *

Most online parts houses don't really have a large warehouse with items anymore.
dry.gif

A way of looking at this is that the company thinks it has AI, but they fired all of the half way I people. Their computer knows some things, but not all of the things. Such as that company isn’t in business anymore and won’t be drop shipping anything anymore, or we offered such poor terms to our supplier, worker, etc that they quit. They aren’t there, or are thinking of something else entirely, but the vendor computer doesn’t know that. Far as the system knows, it has done everything right. Can’t blame it. Can blame the one getting money from you/us.
Front yard mechanic
The bitchers keep bitchin the snitchers keep snitching “ Rolling Stones”
mate914
QUOTE(worn @ Feb 11 2024, 08:05 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 10 2024, 07:40 PM) *

dry.gif

A way of looking at this is that the company thinks it has AI, but they fired all of the half way I people. Their computer knows some things, but not all of the things. Such as that company isn’t in business anymore and won’t be drop shipping anything anymore, or we offered such poor terms to our supplier, worker, etc that they quit. They aren’t there, or are thinking of something else entirely, but the vendor computer doesn’t know that. Far as the system knows, it has done everything right. Can’t blame it. Can blame the one getting money from you/us.

Can too! I judge them basted off of a service.
Matt
bkrantz
OK, then where does everyone like to source routine parts? I know I can find some things on Amazon.
Mikey914
Well, normally I'd say Pelican, AA, Stoddard, and 914Rubber. I know the small vendors appreciate your business. As soon as the big ones gobble them up you will have no choice. We also sponsor events for World.
FlacaProductions
I alway check 914Rubber first, Sierra Madre (SMC) because I can drive there, Tangerine, Stoddard (in Ohio which is quick ship times to Indiana). I avoid Pelican (even though I can drive there) and some others get relegated to "no other option" status because of bad prior personal experience/poor service.

I'll say I feel a little bad avoiding Pelican - the guys on the phone have been really good in the past, but the delivery mechanism can't hold up their end.
VaccaRabite
Simple as this: Pelican isn't Pelican anymore.

I used them extensively when I did my 914 the first time around. Since the buyout they have SUCKED. Prices went up. Delivery time went up. 914s aren't special there anymore.

We have more options then we have ever had, folks. We don't need to settle for poor service and higher prices just because they used to be great and dependable. I'll spend my money with the companies that still have a passion for these cars. PMB, 914Rubber, Sierra Madre, AA, Restoration Design. I also find myself going to Rock Auto and Parts Geek more and more.

I'm really hoping Pelican turns around, but they have been in the gutter for a couple years now.

Zach
rudedude
Ordered a $1000 in parts from ecs tuning 0n the premise of free shipping over $75. They confirmed on chat that shipping would be free even though broken into 4 shipments. Lo and behold was charged shipping on all 4 shipments. Numerous emails have gone unanswered. Another one to add to the list of poor customer service.
73-914
QUOTE(rudedude @ Feb 13 2024, 02:56 PM) *

Ordered a $1000 in parts from ecs tuning 0n the premise of free shipping over $75. They confirmed on chat that shipping would be free even though broken into 4 shipments. Lo and behold was charged shipping on all 4 shipments. Numerous emails have gone unanswered. Another one to add to the list of poor customer service.

Easier to just call them on the phone
r_towle
I’m sad, but done with Pelican.
Order finally came, not complete.

I did a delta order with FCP.
Lesson learned.

Anytime a vendor burns me I don’t look back.
There are too many passionate business owners on earth.

Rich
worn

It’s Feb 10th today

Me too. Should have ordered direct from who they get my order from. I think they would like to drop ship, but they don’t want you to know that, so they ship to them and then ship to you.
I also notice that you can no longer browse through parts.. they show them to you one at a time. I used to buy stuff that I didn’t know I needed but found them while looking for something else. Lost sales in more way than one.
worn
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 13 2024, 09:39 AM) *

Well, normally I'd say Pelican, AA, Stoddard, and 914Rubber. I know the small vendors appreciate your business. As soon as the big ones gobble them up you will have no choice. We also sponsor events for World.

I agree. I want to add that Stoddard seems to be unsung, but very attentive. Also, thanks Mark!
targa72e
I use RM European for a lot of my parts. They usually have very competitive pricing. I used to be able to pick up at their office with no shipping. They have moved to $7 shipping for most orders which is fine. Most items show up to me in 3-4 days.

john
wndsrfr
Single data point here absolutely no affiliation...ordered Mocal oil thermostat from Pelican last week, chose free ground shipping since not in a hurry....they sent it 2nd day air via Fedex no charge.
GregAmy
FCP Euro has become one of my first-go-to for many parts (mostly the newer cars). For a few reasons:

- They're local (30 minutes away) and I can drive down there to pick up the parts same-day (and there's a couple good breweries in the area)
- Service is very good, and free shipping over $xx (whatever it is)
- They sponsor Lime Rock Park
- They have a lifetime replacement parts policy - on everything. Regardless of warranty, regardless of failure.
- And get this: the life time replacement policy applies to consumables, like oil changes. Yup, I can return my old oil and filters and they'll credit my account for the purchase price of these service items.

I asked someone I knew there about how they can do that, and basically it's a loss leader to gain business. So they were my go-to for $600 in timing and balance belt parts for my 968, as well as a spendy high pressure fuel pump for my '11 GTI. As well as anything else I need that they carry. As long as FCP Euro stays in business I'll never have to buy those parts again.

They won't have everything for our 914s, but they'll have a lot. - GA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.