Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 72 914 project value question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Troubleshooter
Realistically, what's it worth? New to Porsches, looking to get into a long term project.

https://lewiston.craigslist.org/pts/d/ahsah...7711967686.html
infraredcalvin
I’d say throw in the rotisserie and the fuchs wheels and it would be a good buy at 2500… take 1k off if fake fuchs…

Lots of questions with that one, and in pieces its not worth much… tub seems to have some rust at the front longs, and the rear floor looks very suspect in the underbody pics…

Assuming you’re going to do all the work yourself, and this is for personal enjoyment, any medium+ bodywork or paint, you’ll be underwater on this car…
930cabman
Yep, it's a project. Too involved for me, but there is some value there
Superhawk996
Run happy11.gif

Basket case is worst kind of project. Especially if you aren’t already an expert at whatever is supposed to be in the basket.

You’ll inevitably end up short on the hard to find parts and have extra parts that you don’t need. Lots of parts shown in that CL post that aren’t even for a 914. I can see photos of at least two sets of induction / intake runners, including the usual single carb conversion that screams cheap SOB from back in the day.

Only a couple pictures of the chassis and from what I can see someone cut the targa bar off and then hacked the rear trunk and firewall up for the engine swap.

This this is a nightmare in the making if you expect to end up with a 914 and not some cobbled hack job.

They would have to pay me to take it off their hands. Basically someone looking to get you to pay for the privilege of cleaning out their disorganized garage for them.

You can build your own rotisserie for less than $1000.

Hard pass.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.