Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question on Rear Targa & Fuzzy seal fit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
frostyf
Hi, I'm trying to reseal my targa top and had a question on where to cut or if to cut the rear seal with the fuzzy?

The bit I'm uncertain of is the rear fuzzy seal; it runs around each side for a short length and upto where the Targa to Window seal ends.

I watched one online video by Barefoot Garage Jax (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uc6zbCNYQA&t=304s) where they cut it.

Just before I go in with the knife I wanted to reach into those who may have done this before and just check I've got this correct before I make a mistake. I think you cut it where the metal strip ends and the targa top angle's towards the targa top to window seal channel on the left? Does anyone know before I cut this off? I've marked where I think I need to cut with a red line but would welcome someone with knowledge to check I'm doing this correctly? Click to view attachment

Thanks in advance for any help.
Nick
windforfun
Line up the screw holes & cut appropriately.

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif

frostyf
QUOTE(windforfun @ Feb 11 2024, 06:04 PM) *

Line up the screw holes & cut appropriately.

Sorry, I realise Ive got to punch some screw holes and line up but can you confirm...

1. Do I cut it around the red mark in the picture once lined up or
2. Do I cut it somewhere else or leave a length of it??

Thank you,
Nick
rhodyguy
I would do a relief cut along the redline the width of the strip. Then the strip will flatten to the recess. Cut the overall length to fit the top seals last.
frostyf
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 11 2024, 07:33 PM) *

I would do a relief cut along the redline the width of the strip. Then the strip will flatten to the recess. Cut the overall length to fit the top seals last.

Thank you, never done this and cant find much info beyond the video and that didnt show where to cut it!
windforfun
Just cut the metal along the red line. Debur the cut. You’re not making an atomic bomb here. See Oppenheimer if you haven’t yet. Go Niners!

Got any tin snips?
technicalninja
QUOTE(windforfun @ Feb 11 2024, 08:49 PM) *

Just cut the metal along the red line. Debur the cut. You’re not making an atomic bomb here. See Oppenheimer if you haven’t yet. Go Niners!

Got any tin snips?

Didn't think he was cutting the metal frame. screwy.gif

One question @windforfun ...

You often show three beers being consumed at the end of your post.

You doing this for real?

A drinking game maybe?

A tip for the OP. When you cut the rubber fuzzy it helps BIGTIME to wet the rubber, a little soap helps too. Makes knives/scissors work far easier/better.
windforfun
I own a brewery. Just remember, everything I say is a lie.
windforfun
"Didn't think he was cutting the metal frame."

I'd cut the metal frame instead of the targa top. The metal is quite thin & probably very easy to cut. Maybe put some masking tape on it & use a bench grinder. Yes?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.