Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The passing of Herbert Linge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rufus
https://l.smartnews.com/p-3KL1o/LaZvN5
windforfun
Nice post. Thanks.

BTW, I have OCD too. And adult autism. Regarding our previous discussion about energy & power, you're cool man. If you really want to challenge the noodle, check out some of the books about Einstein & relativity theory. The basic premise is that objects in space define gravity & gravity defines time. The Lorentz transform sort of opened the door too. Feynman at Cal Tech supposedly said: "How in the hell did he think of this stuff." It was God working through Einstein just in time for the end of WW2. Whatever. Cheers.
windforfun
Here's a good one.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1834957...latively-simple

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
Rufus
QUOTE(windforfun @ Feb 13 2024, 07:06 PM) *

Nice post. Thanks.

BTW, I have OCD too. And adult autism. Regarding our previous discussion about energy & power, you're cool man. If you really want to challenge the noodle, check out some of the books about Einstein & relativity theory. The basic premise is that objects in space define gravity & gravity defines time. The Lorentz transform sort of opened the door too. Feynman at Cal Tech supposedly said: "How in the hell did he think of this stuff." It was God working through Einstein just in time for the end of WW2. Whatever. Cheers.

Thanks Windforfun. Impressed by your knowledge, and curious about your background.

I took 4 semesters of calculus & physics in school, and especially loved Newtonian physics, but when it got to partial differential equations and Einstein’s theory of relativity, I’d had enough. Already being passionate about cars, and not relating that stuff to cars made me quickly lose interest. Found it way too esoteric … and over my head TBH

PS. As per my profile, I too have an interest in sailing; mostly planing dingies.
windforfun
My windsurfing days are over. Just like snow skiing, it got to be too much of a hassle. Skiing is too expensive now. I'm pushing seventy.

40 plus years of optical system & complex lens design for stuff like space based x-ray telescopes, optical signal processing & data storage, precision surface metrology, DNA sequencing, etc. Lots of patents. It paid the bills.

What a long strange trip it's been.

AZBanks
QUOTE(windforfun @ Feb 14 2024, 03:09 PM) *

My windsurfing days are over. Just like snow skiing, it got to be too much of a hassle. Skiing is too expensive now. I'm pushing seventy.

40 plus years of optical system & complex lens design for stuff like space based x-ray telescopes, optical signal processing & data storage, precision surface metrology, DNA sequencing, etc. Lots of patents. It paid the bills.

914 Owners are an interesting group.

My career hasn't included anything as interesting as what you have done but it is unusual for a few reasons. Unfortunately, I can't share details on a public forum for another 5 1/2 years.
windforfun
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Feb 16 2024, 04:13 PM) *

QUOTE(windforfun @ Feb 14 2024, 03:09 PM) *

914 Owners are an interesting group.

My career hasn't included anything as interesting as what you have done but it is unusual for a few reasons. Unfortunately, I can't share details on a public forum for another 5 1/2 years.

Secret or top secret clearance? BTDT. Mumm's the word.
930cabman
QUOTE(windforfun @ Feb 14 2024, 05:09 PM) *

It has been a long strange trip, but wouldn't have changed a thing. Herbert was one of the great ones
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.