Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing those Tiny Lamps in the Flasher Knob
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
If you have fat fingers like I do it is a PITA changing out those tiny bulbs. I usually end up breaking them with needle nose pliers. I needed to replace the one in my rear window defogger switch and tried this instead . Works like a charm and everybody has one.

Click to view attachment
FlacaProductions
Necessity is the mother....
914_teener
I also use that same setup for cleaning out excess hair and ear wax from my ears!

Only a plumber would think of this...thanks Kent!
windforfun
That's disgusting. Try a pressure washer next time. Just don't blow out what's left of your ear drums.

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
windforfun
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 13 2024, 05:01 PM) *

If you have fat fingers like I do it is a PITA changing out those tiny bulbs. I usually end up breaking them with needle nose pliers. I needed to replace the one in my rear window defogger switch and tried this instead . Works like a charm and everybody has one.

Click to view attachment

Very high (low) tech, but I like it. I'll remember this.

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
Root_Werks
That's really cool! I remember breaking a bulb by using needle nose pliers.
913B
nice tip,

Thanks

StarBear
Does the headlight knob have those lights? They work on my flasher and fog light knobs but don’t recall seeing the headlight (or cigarette lighter) knobs light up.
76-914
QUOTE(StarBear @ Feb 16 2024, 06:17 AM) *

Does the headlight knob have those lights? They work on my flasher and fog light knobs but don’t recall seeing the headlight (or cigarette lighter) knobs light up.

Nope. Just the EM flasher, Rear Window defroster & Fog Lamp switches. AFAIK
914_teener
One more place IRIC;

On the tunnel right by the heat lever....comes on when the lights are on.
76-914
QUOTE(914_teener @ Feb 16 2024, 09:14 AM) *

One more place IRIC;

On the tunnel right by the heat lever....comes on when the lights are on.

And the fresh air/defrost slide controller has some lamps too. That pencil eraser comes in handy while trying to touch the ohm meter test probes on those two tiny little wire leads.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.