Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 914-6 Engine Complete Restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
PaulFV8
For Sale - Original 914-6 engine complete overhaul/restoration by John Chambers Motorsports (Valley Center CA) using the original case, crank, rods and heads. Now a 2.2 with new pistons/cylinders from J&E. Restoration included, polished crank, reprofiled cams, upgraded chain tensioner, new valve guides, restored alternator and all Zinc plated parts restored. Perfect engine for a 914-6 tribute which was my original plan, now I have decided to go a different route with a 2.7. Over $30k in invoices, asking $27k crated and shipped to you CONUS or $26k if you pick it up in Valley Center (John is closing his shop soon so the local pickup option is a limited offer)

I will post photos later today
thanks for looking
Paul
PaulFV8
photos
Al Meredith
you can find a 914-6 registration on this site FYI my 1970 is # 1937 and has engine # 5237
PaulFV8
QUOTE(PaulFV8 @ Feb 20 2024, 09:36 AM) *

For Sale - Original 914-6 engine complete overhaul/restoration by John Chambers Motorsports (Valley Center CA) using the original case, crank, rods and heads. Now a 2.2 with new pistons/cylinders from J&E. Restoration included, polished crank, reprofiled cams, upgraded chain tensioner, new valve guides, restored alternator and all Zinc plated parts restored. Perfect engine for a 914-6 tribute which was my original plan, now I have decided to go a different route with a 2.7. Over $30k in invoices, asking $27k crated and shipped to you CONUS or $26k if you pick it up in Valley Center (John is closing his shop soon so the local pickup option is a limited offer)

I will post photos later today
thanks for looking
Paul

Price Update $22k delivered. $21k if you pick it up
burton73
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Feb 20 2024, 10:00 AM) *

you can find a 914-6 registration on this site FYI my 1970 is # 1937 and has engine # 5237

My 6 is 1970 built in Dec 1969. Number 0041 case # number is 6404016

Best Bob B

PaulFV8
Here are a few more pictures including the case number.
PaulFV8
more photos
dug
I know the owner of the numbers matching car *2624, alas it used to be mine. The car has a 66 aluminum case 2.5 in it currently.
BENBRO02
I’m surprised the owner of the original matching car isn’t buying it for the future.
mepstein
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Mar 20 2024, 08:43 PM) *

I’m surprised the owner of the original matching car isn’t buying it for the future.

It sounds like he already has a great engine in the car. He might not feel it’s worth $26k ( good price btw) to have a pretty paperweight in his garage. It would make a great table base with a glass top but …
dug
I've let him know about it.
But yes the 2.5 shortstroke on 66 aluminum case with weber 40IDS carbs that is in it is quite good:)
PaulFV8
There was a price change a few weeks ago. $21k if you pick it up
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.