Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front brakes soft line help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyA
Getting pissed again. I order stuff from so called reputable people and companies and keep getting the wrong parts. See the attached pictures. What is the proper length for the front brake rubber lines? The one set seems to be the correct length but the one end is not correct. The other line that I have has the correct ends but are too short.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Ishley
I had issues too. It turns out my 72 mid year car has a mix of old and new connection types. The 72 cars were transitioning some of the changes in Front A arms. This was the issue for me. I used PMB and we worked it all out when we talked thru it. They were great and took the wrong parts back with no issues.
bdstone914
What year is your car? I think the early and laye fron fkex lines are the same lenght. The fitting end at the strut is different.
mlindner
I just installed new ones from PMB for my 74, perfect fit.
TonyA

I have used PMB, Auto Atlanta, Pelican, Stoddards and all with great success also. But my problem (and its me) is that I buy stuff way in advance and don't always check it. Then when its time to install and I find a problem I don't know who to blame. Moving forward I am not ordering stuff to far in advance, now that the supply chain has caught up.
bdstone914
QUOTE(TonyA @ Feb 22 2024, 09:38 AM) *

I have used PMB, Auto Atlanta, Pelican, Stoddards and all with great success also. But my problem (and its me) is that I buy stuff way in advance and don't always check it. Then when its time to install and I find a problem I don't know who to blame. Moving forward I am not ordering stuff to far in advance, now that the supply chain has caught up.

The short line may be a rear. Compare it to what is on the car.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 22 2024, 10:48 AM) *

QUOTE(TonyA @ Feb 22 2024, 09:38 AM) *

The short line may be a rear. Compare it to what is on the car.

agree.gif

i did the left side front and rear this last year, and if i remember correctly , looks like front vs rear for length. i did the group buy from PMB for the braided lines, since it had been almost 14 years since i bought the car and did them the first time. . i dont know about the differenced from year to year.

Good luck hope you figure it out.

Phil
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.