Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gatornapper
What is this relay beneath the passenger seat on a 75/76? Cannot find it on any electrical diagram.......

Assuming it is likely the seat belt relay, but wondering why I can't find it on any electrical diagram.......

IPB Image

TIA,

GN
914Sixer
Yes that is the belt relay.
davep
As Mark said it is the seat belt interlock relay, and the last revision I know of. The first in 1974 had a double relay and a single. 1975 seems to have just the double relay, then for 1976 it has just the single relay.
Would you be willing to map the connections for me so that I can have a circuit drawing made up? Email me please
Root_Werks
It's where the relay should plug into. I don't see the relay in the picture. Also looks like the bypass has been done.
GregAmy
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Feb 23 2024, 04:34 PM) *

It's where the relay should plug into. I don't see the relay in the picture. Also looks like the bypass has been done.

agree.gif The two big yellow wires are connected together so the starter works without the relay.

I'd tuck it off into a safe place, maybe put a plastic bag over it to protect from water instrusion, and leave it be.
Gatornapper
Pic fuzzy to to expanding - relay is there and fully wired with yellow wires bypassing. Has like 8 wires going into it.

GN

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Feb 23 2024, 04:34 PM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.