Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Terry accelerator cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahklein
I am replacing the accelerator cable on my 76 2.0. I purchased the Terry cable. It has no inner sleeve. Won't it eventually rub and fail at the rear of the tube where it makes a bend? Anyone used this successfully?

Thank you
jhynesrockmtn
I'll be watching this. I bought one of the cables 914rubber and others were selling a year + ago for my BB. It was a piece of junk. The metal at the TB end was so thin when I tightened it (very light torque), it just cracked. Ended up putting the old cable back in. I think it was a GEMO.
930cabman
QUOTE(ahklein @ Feb 23 2024, 09:47 AM) *

I am replacing the accelerator cable on my 76 2.0. I purchased the Terry cable. It has no inner sleeve. Won't it eventually rub and fail at the rear of the tube where it makes a bend? Anyone used this successfully?

Thank you

welcome.png

I am unable to chime in regarding the Terry cable, but someone probably will. We can fix most anything on these old sports cars
bdstone914
I have heard Terry cables use fewer nut larger wires causing more friction in the tubes they pass thru.
I would go with Gemo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.