Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 914 GT flared rocker panels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bossboy302
Anyone with an abandoned or otherwise stillborn 914-6 GT conversion? Like to buy GT rockers. Thanks, Brian
mepstein
MB911 sells some metal flared ends that weld onto oem steel rockers. Much nicer than the fiberglass ones. 914-6Werkshop.com
mlindner
Plus Ben's (MB911) flared ends can be welded to the exact size or length to better fit your flared fender. No two cars are the same. Best, Mark
mate914
Ben no longer has the rocker flares on his web sight. I only found rear valance ones.
Fiber glass new are kinda pricy.
I have a set of the old plastic ones with the "porsche" scripte protruding out.
I can get you a pick if you want, but they are old plastic with some small cracks and I hate them.
Matt flag.gif
bossboy302
QUOTE(mate914 @ Feb 25 2024, 06:01 AM) *

I can get you a pick if you want, but they are old plastic with some small cracks and I hate them.
Matt flag.gif

Ha! You really should be in sales. evilgrin.gif

Thanks all. I got (what I think is) really good advice from someone here who has flared a few cars. To mount the rocker panels first, then fit the flares accordingly. Makes complete sense to me.

So, still looking.....
tygaboy
QUOTE(bossboy302 @ Feb 25 2024, 07:38 AM) *

Matt flag.gif

Thanks all. I got (what I think is) really good advice from someone here who has flared a few cars. To mount the rocker panels first, then fit the flares accordingly. Makes complete sense to me.

So, still looking.....

Due respect to your friend but I wouldn't mount the rockers first. There's too much variance in aftermarket parts, let alone 914 chassis, to count on the rocker getting the flares in the right place. You run the risk of not having the wheel centered in the flare.
Fit the flares, then do what's needed to make the rockers fit.
mate914
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 25 2024, 10:58 AM) *

QUOTE(bossboy302 @ Feb 25 2024, 07:38 AM) *

Matt flag.gif

So, still looking.....

Due respect to your friend but I wouldn't mount the rockers first. There's too much variance in aftermarket parts, let alone 914 chassis, to count on the rocker getting the flares in the right place. You run the risk of not having the wheel centered in the flare.
Fit the flares, then do what's needed to make the rockers fit.

I think that is a good idea.
Click to view attachment
mepstein
Flares are a structural piece that need to be fitted correctly at the wheel opening. Rockers are cosmetic trim that get fitted once the flares are in place.
burton73
Most of the faired fiberglass rockers are junk. I put on a set of AA 916 dup's that George said where made from his 916 factory car. They where very nice and that is what I am running.

Best Bob B
Click to view attachment
mepstein
I got a pair from AA when I organized a big group buy for metal flares. They were junk and I gave them away.
mm911
QUOTE(bossboy302 @ Feb 24 2024, 07:53 PM) *

Anyone with an abandoned or otherwise stillborn 914-6 GT conversion? Like to buy GT rockers. Thanks, Brian

I have a set of steel flared rocker ends and a pair of steel rocker panels in excellent condition. Contact me for pictures and price. Thanks Mike
racer914
I used Ben's ends on my original metal rockers, still a lot of work to get them right but way better than the fiberglass alternatives
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
mlindner
Those look great Dave. Mark
mb911
I am going to revisit these. The previous generation were ok but not as nice as I would like so after I move some current inventory to free up some cash I will start making new patterns Click to view attachment
aturboman
I had metal ones made from NOS rocker panels. A good metal fab shop can do the work but as mentioned they need to be done after the flares are installed and properly fitted so everything aligns right before paint.

Its not cheap to do correctly but the results can be very satisfactory.

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.