Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time for a new fresh air fan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Now I know why my fresh air fan wouldn’t work! Apparently it got so hot. The brush melted off of its connection point.

Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 26 2024, 03:14 PM) *

Now I know why my fresh air fan wouldn’t work! Apparently it got so hot. The brush melted off of its connection point.

Click to view attachment

wow, that must have been stuck , causing overload. was it clogged with debris? Mine was.

when i replaced mine i ordered a whole new fan/motor assembly from URO and its still going strong, i had no idea that these little fans could push that much air on the high setting!. , along with the seal kit from 914rubber its all better than new now.

914Sixer
URO fan assemblies are around $100 depending where you shop.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 27 2024, 08:01 AM) *

URO fan assemblies are around $100 depending where you shop.

i have not checked recently , when i did mine 2 years ago they were about $80 then. Ims surprised they are not more than $100 with how everything has gone up in the last 2 years.
I looked at just doing the motor but not worth the time and trouble when a good assembly is available.

76-914
Phil, I perused your thread before I jumped in on this. Just like you, I had pretty much "buttoned up" everything when I noticed that my fan (which previously worked) was now kaput. No debris but the fan was stiff to turn so I suspect that was the nail in the coffin. Next I decided that I too had better check my WW's. They work but the squirter motor is kicking on. I'll check that today. I ordered the URO fan yesterday from carports.com. They're $80; $90 w/shipping & tax. Well worth it IMHO. They ranged from $150 on down depending upon the seller. A few m months back installed the 914rubber kit so to say I was a little pissed I hadn't checked the fan operation at that time would be an understatement. headbang.gif av-943.gif
bdstone914
@76-914

Kent,
Be sure to test all three speeds on the motor before installing. I tested a motor with direct power to it only to find the resistor pack bad after installation.
Bruce
76-914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 27 2024, 11:30 AM) *

@76-914

Kent,
Be sure to test all three speeds on the motor before installing. I tested a motor with direct power to it only to find the resistor pack bad after installation.
Bruce

Good point. Thx.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.