Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stub and Hubs, the comprehensive list
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aefcaf
Ok so be kind but I am trying to find which hub and stub go together in a 914 arm. Before anyone beats me up I have spent the better part of a week collecting and attempting to write down what fits from reading 914 world and Samba archives.

Essentially I get the early up to 73 911 rear hubs fit with 911 stubs. What I want to know is what combination options there are for 944 parts to be inserted into the training arm. Not concerned with after the stub axle. Just hub and stub together.
914Sixer
GO to Classic section and read up.
Montreal914
Here! smile.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=105728
Aefcaf
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Feb 28 2024, 08:14 PM) *

I have read all that. I cannot fine conclusively if a 944 hub and stub fit in a 914 bearing and swing arm nor can I find a late model 911 hub with a 944 stub. I only see the early 911 hub with the 914 stub. I have seen the dicsussions about late model hubs and their spacers with offset and the 944 stubs with needing machined and their offset. Wondering the safety implications with too many spacers being added into the hub/stub assembly.

I am just looking for conclusive information without have to buy all the options and playing with them at the machine shop.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
just buy the conversion five lug rear hubs and be all set. THEY use the 914-4 stub axles, then add a 914-6 rear rotor. We do it all of the time in our shop and it is an easy stright forward conversion

QUOTE(Aefcaf @ Feb 28 2024, 11:22 AM) *

Ok so be kind but I am trying to find which hub and stub go together in a 914 arm. Before anyone beats me up I have spent the better part of a week collecting and attempting to write down what fits from reading 914 world and Samba archives.

Essentially I get the early up to 73 911 rear hubs fit with 911 stubs. What I want to know is what combination options there are for 944 parts to be inserted into the training arm. Not concerned with after the stub axle. Just hub and stub together.

Blown59
There is a write-up and diagram for machining 4mm off the stub end on the factory 914 axle. That will allow the use of 914/boxster wheel bearing, 944 cv and stub axle with 986 Boxster front hub. You'll need Patrick motorsport hub spacers/rings. This will give you a true 5 lug conversion and use the 916 rotor and retain factory calipers. You'll need to machine the bearing/retainer plate so the hubs don't rub.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.