Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tvr 280i
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
any one have any experience with a tvr 280i? car caught my eye. was wondering how they are.
drivability, etc.
SirAndy
dunno, a friend of mine was thinking about importing a few to the us.
but he couldn't get enough interest ...

everything with a limited production like the TVR's should be handled with care,
unless you have a unlimited cash flow available.

Andy
givory
Tod
Contact John Wadman in Toronto - he was the NA importer for TVR from the '70's thru the early '90's. Search on "TVR North America" or his name - sorry, I'm not anywhere near my files at the moment for contact details. He knows everything you'll need to know.

Gavin [ex TVR owner - no close experience with the Essex V6 in the 280i, but still hang around with a few friends who vintage race TVR's]
tod914
I cant imagine it being that bad. It has bosch fuel injection, ford engine and trans, jag rear end. I guess the key is to figure out what parts came from what manufacture. Nice looking car I must say.
mike_the_man
I don't know anything about them, but my friend is a British car freak, and he said that they are a pretty good car. Ford V6, easy to work on, and pretty reliable. Check out www.pistonheads.com, they have lots about TVR's on there.
richardL
I love 'em. The new ones are spectacular and go like sh*t off a shovel.

I always wanted a 2500M - I drove one once and fell in love.

I used to know the president of the UK TVR owners club. If you are interested I might be able to find an email for him. Let me know.

Richard
tod914
The 3000 I would consider. That also has a ford v6.
The 2500 has the TR-6 motor and drive train. Just went to a british car show this Saturday. Mostly Jags, and 1 280i.

Thinking about selling my teener for 1. They cant be any more of a money pit than these are.
redshift
There is one in my mechanics yard, covered, and for sale.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.