Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing glove box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mpiercewa
I removed the glove box on my '72 so that I could completely redo the dash. Now I'm putting everything back together but can't seem to figure out how to reinstall the glove box. I'm assuming I have to guide it into place from behind the dash, but it doesn't seem to fit. I've disconnected the metal strap so its out of the way. Any guidance would be extremely appreciated.
worn
QUOTE(Mpiercewa @ Mar 2 2024, 03:53 PM) *

I removed the glove box on my '72 so that I could completely redo the dash. Now I'm putting everything back together but can't seem to figure out how to reinstall the glove box. I'm assuming I have to guide it into place from behind the dash, but it doesn't seem to fit. I've disconnected the metal strap so its out of the way. Any guidance would be extremely appreciated.

It is a tight fit. No, it is tighter than that requiring a fair amount of force. Now, not to hijack this thread, if someone would post a photo about where the springs go, I will be grateful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.