Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB GT style gas cap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
fasthonda
Looking to dress up my Gas tank with a GT style metal cap. Pre-73

Anyone make these?

Do the early 911 caps fit the 914?

Thanks

Much appreciated to all those who replied. Not willing to spend that kind of money. I plan to just modify the stock fuel cap to give it a similar look and add some function.

I was hoping someone just modified stock caps to dress them up . Definitely not cutting a hole in the hood. My bad for not clarifying, but those kits are nice.

After seeing a stock cap on the Million Dollar GT rally car, I'm probably sticking with it.

Ended up making my own. Much easier to take on and off.

MikeClick to view attachment
neversettle
QUOTE(fasthonda @ Mar 3 2024, 09:27 AM) *

Anyone make these?

Thanks

not sure what they make these days
Shivers
QUOTE(fasthonda @ Mar 3 2024, 06:27 AM) *

Anyone make these?

Thanks

https://pmbperformance.com/products/914-6-g...che-914-1970-76
Dominic
Here is a new 100mm gas cap for $25.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172876365699

QUOTE(fasthonda @ Mar 3 2024, 06:27 AM) *

Anyone make these?

Do the early 911 caps fit the 914?

Thanks

Much appreciated to all those who replied. Not willing to spend that kind of money. I plan to just modify the stock fuel cap to give it a similar look and add some function.

I was hoping someone just modified stock caps to dress them up . Definitely not cutting a hole in the hood. My bad for not clarifying, but those kits are nice.

After seeing a stock cap on the Million Dollar GT rally car, I'm probably sticking with it.

Mike

dug
Yeah, the steel version of these caps (don't get Armando started by confusing it with the aluminum version) is an actual tractor part, as are many of the "rare" racing parts like dash indicator lights, tail lights, rubber hood tie downs and even some of the gauges. There is a vintage tractor supply shop that had a stand at the Stuttgart old timer car show in the tractor hall that has all these things for cheap, but they don't export.

The assembling and fitting all the rest of the pieces for the fin, filler neck, drain bowl, etc to fit it to your tank is the hard part. The kit from PMB is going to be a huge time/cost savings in the end.
76-914
QUOTE(dug @ Mar 9 2024, 04:21 PM) *

Yeah, the steel version of these caps (don't get Armando started by confusing it with the aluminum version) is an actual tractor part, as are many of the "rare" racing parts like dash indicator lights, tail lights, rubber hood tie downs and even some of the gauges. There is a vintage tractor supply shop that had a stand at the Stuttgart old timer car show in the tractor hall that has all these things for cheap, but they don't export.

The assembling and fitting all the rest of the pieces for the fin, filler neck, drain bowl, etc to fit it to your tank is the hard part. The kit from PMB is going to be a huge time/cost savings in the end.

The same holds true for aircraft magneto kits. They're 1/5th the cost in old tractor stores.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.