Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Expect bone chilling temps and a blizzard
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
emerygt350
Pulled the car out of its hidey hole behind the camper today. Been tucked away since mid November.

Started right up! Drove it to Binghamton (90 miles round trip), purred like a kitten. So nice to start the season with a fresh 2056 that runs great. The AutoZone in endicott had the only valve cover gaskets in the area so it gave me an excuse for a road trip. Too bad that interstate is just terrible between Owego and Binghamton. Should have taken the back roads but I wanted to see how the temps and AFR were at 70 for a long haul. Picked up some awesome old LPs in Owego for next to nothing too. Johnny winter, the byrds, some moody blues, Dylan, etc. Those will make grading lab notebooks so much more enjoyable tomorrow.

Click to view attachment
Luke M
It's gonna hit 70 here tmrw. I may just break out the other P-car and take it for a spin too.
mlindner
We hit 73 today in Wisconsin, sending it your way. Best, Mark
StarBear
Sounds like a most excellent adventure. Great score on the LPs! piratenanner.gif
914Mike
Yeah, we got your blizzard out west. 100 MPH winds, 70 miles of I-80 closed for over a day, stranded motorists, ski resorts closed, we got it all!
windforfun
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Mar 3 2024, 01:25 PM) *

Pulled the car out of its hidey hole behind the camper today. Been tucked away since mid November.

Started right up! Drove it to Binghamton (90 miles round trip), purred like a kitten. So nice to start the season with a fresh 2056 that runs great. The AutoZone in endicott had the only valve cover gaskets in the area so it gave me an excuse for a road trip. Too bad that interstate is just terrible between Owego and Binghamton. Should have taken the back roads but I wanted to see how the temps and AFR were at 70 for a long haul. Picked up some awesome old LPs in Owego for next to nothing too. Johnny winter, the byrds, some moody blues, Dylan, etc. Those will make grading lab notebooks so much more enjoyable tomorrow.

Click to view attachment

So for what course are you grading lab notebooks? And for what school? I grew up in Rochester. My uncle was a priest in Apalachin. Stay warm. Whatever.
emerygt350
General biology II. Always the hardest part of my job, trying to teach first years how to study. I am down at Elmira College. A few more weeks and this term will be over.
r_towle
So the March blizzard of 2024 will be your fault?
ConeDodger
Blizzard here at Tahoe. 70 miles of I80 closed in both directions. Three of my classes cancelled so far, my students are delighted. My Tuesday group is hoping it keeps snowing…
wonkipop
your car is looking good @emerygt350 .
bet that was fun cracking it out for a drive after going through your winter. biggrin.gif

got the opposite problem down here.

i've been sneaking out for dawn runs in the 914 for the last three months cause the UV is very intense this year.
looking forward to winter. smile.gif

my 50 year old tart 914 looks good in the soft light of very early morning before the x ray beams turn everything to blinding glare. almost like its laying on the lipstick and hair dye. makes it look phoenix orange instead of faded phoenix red. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif beer.gif

enjoy your summer.
(our summer is a bit like an inverted version of your winter).

Click to view attachment
Geezer914
Like those rear flares, what are they off of?
emerygt350
All part of the chalon kit.

Supposed to be 65 today...
Crazy fog earlier this morning.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.