Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: That poor thing.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
emerygt350
https://www.facebook.com/share/XymjH89i1tVp...mibextid=kL3p88

No idea who this is, or why, but it even hurts my sensibilities.
NARP74
Dropped faceplant, can't see these anymore...
mepstein
That’s the body kit I wanted in the 80’s. Altec Lansing car. (Or sort of) If it was closer, I’d be loading it on the trailer.
TROJANMAN
Autobot for the next live action Transformers movie
Bullethead
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 7 2024, 03:13 PM) *

That’s the body kit I wanted in the 80’s. Altec Lansing car. (Or sort of) If it was closer, I’d be loading it on the trailer.

agree.gif Saw it yesterday and immediately thought of the Altec car. Probably the cheapest you'll ever see for those body parts.

windforfun
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Mar 7 2024, 11:44 AM) *

https://www.facebook.com/share/XymjH89i1tVp...mibextid=kL3p88

No idea who this is, or why, but it even hurts my sensibilities.

agree.gif

Well put.
NARP74
Oh wow! That is a wide body kit. Cue the Sir Mix Alot...
Cairo94507
sad.gif That poor car.
SirAndy
That look didn't age well. Or maybe i didn't age well. Or maybe both.
icon8.gif
Karl R
Oh! I wanted that kit SO badly when I was 16. Less so at 61, I guess. There was a blue car featured in VW/Porsche...
Superhawk996
I’d haul it away if they paid me $900
Karl R
Here's the best photo I can find:
Click to view attachment
Front yard mechanic
It looks so fast slap.gif
Karl R
I think that is was about not having gigantic calipers and carbon rotors and needing to keep the brakes cool.
sixnotfour
Heck Ya...
The Red One, got turned into a center seat, Thing, was Alan Johnson's Fun 914-6 ,, Blue John Bond jr , 914-6 converted to race car , but owner still has body work in picture,,
porscheteck914
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Mar 7 2024, 03:15 PM) *

Here are some snips.

Beginning of Don Johnsons next ride on Miami Vice till they decided to cancel show. Ya can put some serious rubber under those fender wells ! driving.gif
rjames
That body kit is a hot mess.
stromberg.gif
73-914
QUOTE(porscheteck914 @ Mar 7 2024, 08:56 PM) *

Here are some snips.

Beginning of Don Johnsons next ride on Miami Vice till they decided to cancel show. Looks like a 318/340 Mopar engine . Ya can put some serious rubber under those fender wells ! driving.gif

Ford 302 or 289
mepstein
QUOTE(Bullethead @ Mar 7 2024, 04:26 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 7 2024, 03:13 PM) *

agree.gif Saw it yesterday and immediately thought of the Altec car. Probably the cheapest you'll ever see for those body parts.

This and the Lazer would have exceeded my teenage fantasies. I would still love to drive either one to a PCA meet.
Karl R
I thought is was VW/Porsche but it much have been R&T, given the owner.
bkrantz
I like the wheel sitting behind the car against the wall. Looks like it might be home made and only 16" wide. Any idea what tire sold in the 1970s would fit?
wonkipop
QUOTE(porscheteck914 @ Mar 7 2024, 07:56 PM) *

Here are some snips.

Beginning of Don Johnsons next ride on Miami Vice till they decided to cancel show. Looks like a 318/340 Mopar engine . Ya can put some serious rubber under those fender wells ! driving.gif

lol-2.gif

they cancelled the show when they saw the car?
rhodyguy
Something to spend that 100k burning a hole in your pocket on.
914sgofast2
It has been often been said that every 914 is a blank canvas for its owner's personal expression. That 914 looks like something expressed onto someone's front lawn by a dog.
Root_Werks
If you had one of these as a functional track car, this would be good for spare parts. Imagine they are few and far between.
emerygt350
I wonder if the suspension has been modded? To take those wheels out that far, you would need to do something. If they had, and well, then it might have some good bits. That V8 doesn't make me think they did good things. Anyone figure out what it is? It isn't a Ford as far as I can tell, with that slanted dizzy up front. It isn't a 350, I think their dizzy is in back. Some odd Chrysler? Buick?
73-914
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Mar 8 2024, 04:16 PM) *

I wonder if the suspension has been modded? To take those wheels out that far, you would need to do something. If they had, and well, then it might have some good bits. That V8 doesn't make me think they did good things. Anyone figure out what it is? It isn't a Ford as far as I can tell, with that slanted dizzy up front. It isn't a 350, I think their dizzy is in back. Some odd Chrysler? Buick?

agree.gif I goofed that 1, Buick 215? or the Oldsmobile version
stownsen914
It's the old AIR Group 5 body kit. Similar to the Altec bodywork.
SirAndy
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Mar 9 2024, 07:52 AM) *

It's the old AIR Group 5 body kit. Similar to the Altec bodywork.

Still available from AIR:
https://americaninternationalracing.com/pro...14/914-group-5/
bye1.gif

IPB Image

Superhawk996
Poor taste never goes out of style smile.gif

No sense scrapping the molds. Gotta’ wonder how often they get pulled out to make a part?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.