Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New owner this month VIN 4732915107 stock 2,0 FI Olympic Blue saying hello!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gun22
Car located in Norway since 2012, from Arizona, looking good running good, original looking inside/outside, 45 000miles on the ODO. Changed oil/filter/sill, airfilter and spark plugs now. Prev. owner did an $ 8000 engine and gear rebuild in a pro shop 2 years ago.
Will investigate the cars bitz and pieces now in spring, but already thinking clear blinkers in front and changing brittle fuel/electric lines and connectors. Any experience with the great looking Injector Rehab EV14 fuel injectors?
Any history from US will be appreciated!

Some knowledge of other P and VW forums, 914world is awsome!, and I really love the driving experience shifting between cars a lot!

Regards
Gunnar F

Wagoneer 1967
914 1973
Bus 1986
951 1986
993 1996
987.2 2010
emerygt350
Welcome to 914world. What a nice looking car! What year is it? What is the engine? The injectors would probably tell me but I am not familiar with EV14s.

Take that odometer with a grain of salt. It may be correct, but they all fail, and early (around 50-60k).
mepstein
welcome.png
gun22
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Mar 8 2024, 06:34 AM) *

Welcome to 914world. What a nice looking car! What year is it? What is the engine? The injectors would probably tell me but I am not familiar with EV14s.

Take that odometer with a grain of salt. It may be correct, but they all fail, and early (around 50-60k).

Thanks! Year 1973 engine 2,0 FI stock, yes ODO showing, it runs, but may have been out earlier for sure…
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif
campbellcj
welcome.png Looks like a beauty! Welcome, looking forward to more pics and details
Cairo94507
welcome.png

Looks like you have a great start to a fun car. Please post more pictures when you get a chance. beerchug.gif
Shivers
welcome.png Nice
FlacaProductions
Greetings and welcome. Always a soft spot for Olympic Blue.
No knowledge of the EV14 injectors but assuming you're running stock D-jet, many here - including myself - have had great experience running Standard Motor Products FJ67's.

https://www.rockauto.com/?carcode=1500866&parttype=6224
burton73
welcome.png

The best place for 914 info.
Great people and WELCOME to the world

Best Bob b
technicalninja
I don't have any experience with Injector Rehab EV14s...

New EV14s are cheap enough that I normally go new.

I do have experience with Injector Dynamic's EV14 line.

They are my go-to injector supplier!

Now, I believe jumping to the newest version may not work properly in an old school analog EFI system.

I haven't seen them used that way before.

At the same time I upgrade to EV14s I'm ALSO upgrading the EFI to a stand-alone digital solution.

I'm most familiar with DIY's megasquirt/microsquirt.

https://www.diyautotune.com/support/faq/whi...w-cost-diy-efi/

Lots of other systems available. For years the "big dog" system was stand-alone Bosch Motronic.

I'm not sure who's "top of the pile" now...

What's really nice regarding the EV14 is its functional pulse operation range.
They have more "resolution" and react significantly faster than everything before them.

This allows 1000cc injectors (huge!) to be used on small displacement engines.

ID's website used to say the 1K injectors could be used on a cylinder as small as 375cc and have reasonable idle characteristics.
That's a 1500 CC 4 cylinder...

Research using EV14s in the FI system you have before purchasing them.

Nice car!

Welcome to 914 World!

Root_Werks
With the tan interior, nice! More pictures if you can.

welcome.png
gun22
Thank you all for a warm welcome!
Think twice before deciding upgrades I understand….
Pictures will come when I comply with the attachment-regime!

«Ordnung muss zein!»

Gunnar F
Geezer914
Welcome to 914 World, nice find
Montreal914
welcome.png Beautiful color combination!

Congratulations!
jhynesrockmtn
Great looking car, welcome. It took me a bit to figure pics out. I download them, reduce them, and flip them 360. Then save and upload.
gun22
QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Mar 8 2024, 01:41 PM) *

Great looking car, welcome. It took me a bit to figure pics out. I download them, reduce them, and flip them 360. Then save and upload.

x
gun22
QUOTE(gun22 @ Mar 9 2024, 12:35 AM) *

QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Mar 8 2024, 01:41 PM) *

x

Easy puttin’ pics from an old ipad, not so from a new iphone!

Would clear blinkers justify or improve the orange emblem, he?

Sprayed black in tfrunks do’no why, looks straigt and spotting LP-51P underneeth, undercoating with lanolin, sheep fat 6 years ago, does woork, still sticky, but not nice when woorking under there, will clean it off since the car will not see any rain or snow no more.

Has been totally painted fresh at some point before it left Arizona(2012) I understand, left line on the hood could be maybe straighter, and trunk a little lower...
Can’t per se with my untrained eyes see any bad restorating-woork done to it.

Craigers17
Nice Score! Very good looking 914. Interior looks great too. Welcome to the World!
emerygt350
The black is a little strange. It would look better in the drunk/trunk if it were blue. What about the engine?

And one other little oddity, did 73s have a fasten seat belt light? Others will know for sure.

I am sure the database has your vin already, such a nice example, but you may want to verify.
anderssj
welcome.png

Beautiful car!

Are you near Stavanger?

krazykonrad
welcome.png

If I remember correctly, there was a similar car from Norway on this site 5 or 6 years ago.
gun22
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Mar 9 2024, 05:40 AM) *

The black is a little strange. It would look better in the drunk/trunk if it were blue. What about the engine?

And one other little oddity, did 73s have a fasten seat belt light? Others will know for sure.

I am sure the database has your vin already, such a nice example, but you may want to verify.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Trying posting 2 pics.

1. VIN & engine no according to this list and matching tags, hope thats good!

2. A open-end contact coming from drivers side in engine bay just behind seat, any hot tip what it’s for and where to put it?
gun22
QUOTE(anderssj @ Mar 9 2024, 01:58 PM) *

welcome.png

Beautiful car!

Are you near Stavanger?

Live on the west coast yes, Bergen, 200 KM north of Stavanger.

gun22
QUOTE(krazykonrad @ Mar 9 2024, 05:23 PM) *

welcome.png

If I remember correctly, there was a similar car from Norway on this site 5 or 6 years ago.

Allright, imported til Norway 2012.

-2012 Arizona, US (vendor: JBA Motors LLC, Scottsdale)
2013 west coast, Stavanger
2014-2020 east innland, Oslo
2021-2023 west coast, Stavanger
now. west coast, Bergen

Any history before 2012 anyone?
KELTY360
welcome.png That's a beautiful car. I would leave the lenses orange. Goes with the Gulf theme.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.