Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Copper or fiber washer recommended for fuel pipe at bottom of gas tank?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Hi - double checking that I have the right bits here because the car came with mixed parts and new fuel strainer has a fiber washer.

Washer part numbers are;
914 201 147 10
311 201 235 A

It look like these should both be copper washers, right?

Any tips or suggestion to make sure everything is sealed properly?

Thanks!
56kabrio
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 8 2024, 12:51 PM) *

Hi - double checking that I have the right bits here because the car came with mixed parts and new fuel strainer has a fiber washer.

Washer part numbers are;
914 201 147 10
311 201 235 A

It look like these should both be copper washers, right?

Any tips or suggestion to make sure everything is sealed properly?

Thanks!

These are indeed copper washers.

Mack
Flyinlow
Who sells them?
Tdskip
Thanks @56kabrio

@Flyinlow - they’ll come up if you do a web search on the part numbers, but I don’t think there’s anything super special about them so if you have a cover washer kit, it’s really just finding ones that fit properly.
Flyinlow
Actually I made some from nitrile but I’m not sure if they will be correct as I haven’t tested yet
infraredcalvin
@Tdskip I just went through some other threads as I’m fooling with my tank too, they’re not copper, they’re fiber, PET lists them as gaskets. Do a search on the screen filter and it’s discussed…

Hope all is well!
bdstone914
@tdskip

They are fiber. I made them from gasket stock.
I was afraid copper would not seal well or the aluminum nut would strip the threads with the hard copper.
Craigers17
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 9 2024, 05:52 AM) *

@tdskip

They are fiber. I made them from gasket stock.
I was afraid copper would not seal well or the aluminum nut would strip the threads with the hard copper.

I've used gasket material on two different tanks as well and never had a leak. You can buy a sheet of it at your local FLAPS.
930cabman
gasket paper will probably do the trick, or an aluminum crush washer
brant
Fiber

Any copper or aluminum would risk stripping the small threads causing a bigger problem
Tdskip
Wow - thanks guys.

Appreciate all of the responses and coaching.

Glad I asked!
DC_neun_vierzehn
I have a replacement tank that is on my 914 to do list as well. The info shared in this thread is helpful.

I also found this thread helpful re: installing the Dansk replacement tank:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=2&t=351248
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.