Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scammer?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
TheCabinetmaker
Ricky Fowler sent me an email on my locks wanted thread. As far as I can tell, he's not a member here. His email has all the signs of a scam! Asked him what his screen name was here and he never got back. Beware of this guy contacts you!
StarBear
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Mar 8 2024, 07:06 PM) *

Ricky Fowler sent me an email on my locks wanted thread. As far as I can tell, he's not a member here. His email has all the signs of a scam! Asked him what his screen name was here and he never got back. Beware of this guy contacts you!

Yep. Good catch. Always pays ( pun intended) to spot those signals, esp for WTB posts.
rhodyguy
Never divulge account numbers. NEVER. Money orders are a tiny bit more work but so much safer. If expecting payment via MO is a deal breaker, so be it.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 9 2024, 10:22 AM) *

Never divulge account numbers. NEVER. Money orders are a tiny bit more work but so much safer. If expecting payment via MO is a deal breaker, so be it.

I would not even consider giving out an acct #
mepstein
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Mar 9 2024, 10:30 AM) *

I post my account number and routing number on every invoice I send out. If there’s fraud, the bank covers it. The account numbers have been on checks for decades.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 9 2024, 11:40 AM) *

I post my account number and routing number on every invoice I send out. If there’s fraud, the bank covers it. The account numbers have been on checks for decades.

I don't have checks!
mepstein
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Mar 9 2024, 11:54 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 9 2024, 11:40 AM) *

I don't have checks!

I don’t use them personally but seem to write quite a few for my business. It just requires being careful when you accept a check. Until the money clears (and even sometimes longer) it’s just a piece of paper with a promise.

I am happy that 914World is one of the least scammed sites that I know of. Pelican is definitely one of the worst.
NARP74
Constant vigilance!
87m491

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Ditto Routing #'s. That's the one before your account #!
mepstein
[quote name='87m491' date='Mar 11 2024, 04:53 PM' post='3133317']
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Ditto Routing #'s. That's the one before your account #!
[/quote]
You can look up routing numbers on the net.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.