Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Type 4 motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
justme
Hi folks

Looking for a running and fresh(fairly) motor as complete as possible, tins and carbs,et

I’m in Massachusetts and can pickup in New England or ship , I’m also driving to South Carolina this weekend and will be returning after about a week if your someplace on the way

PM me and we can exchange numbers and talk!

Phil
r_towle
Budget number?

Define “fresh”

I have used motors here, but you need to talk about what you want, what you can afford and you will get good solid truthful feedback here.

If you know how to rebuild one, you can save money.
Engine tin, fans etc….those parts can be obtained, cleaned and refurbished or used for you to refresh.

If you have not rebuilt one, or don’t want to, buy one from a builder , they are out there still.

Rich
r_towle
This page might give you ideas

https://scatvw.com/product/2-0-liter-long-block-24-875-779/
flat4guy
I just sold a 74 1.8 complete minus fuel injection for 600. Wasn't new but ran well and no smoke or oil drips.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(justme @ Mar 11 2024, 08:50 PM) *

Hi folks

Looking for a running and fresh(fairly) motor as complete as possible, tins and carbs,et

I’m in Massachusetts and can pickup in New England or ship , I’m also driving to South Carolina this weekend and will be returning after about a week if your someplace on the way

Phil

Where in SC are you going to be? Billh1966 might have something hes in Orangburg,
I am in Bluffton SC i dont have a motor for sale but there are 2 type4 motor builders you could check with, Jeff Patterson from Savannah GA his company is typeIVrevolution

justme
Good questions on wants and ability.....

I'd like to budget something around 2500 +- but have the ability to go higher, depending on the engine, mods , induction et. If I had time I'd work on one I have on the stand but in all honesty my 914 has been off the road tooooooo long and something as "plug & play" is where I'm at!
And I'm heading to Clemson:)

Cheers,
Phil
r_towle
I’m afraid that any of the motors I have would need some work prior to install, mainly lots of new gaskets is what I find.

If you can’t find what you want, ping me.
I can come over and overhaul the motor you have with you.
A weekend might give you what you need.
justme
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 12 2024, 02:39 PM) *

I’m afraid that any of the motors I have would need some work prior to install, mainly lots of new gaskets is what I find.

If you can’t find what you want, ping me.
I can come over and overhaul the motor you have with you.
A weekend might give you what you need.

Hey Rich
Awful generous of you and I wanted to chat with you at some point about your recent 3.8 build. I have an 06 C2S convertible as well that might be ready for a rebuild soon

Phil
justme
Click to view attachment

r_towle
I’m very happy, it’s very fast now.
Exotech in Plaistow NH
Mark is the owner.

They have been building race motors for many many years.

Feel free to ask me more in DM

Rich
Al Meredith
QUOTE(justme @ Mar 11 2024, 05:50 PM) *

Hi folks

Phil

Phil, I have three engines ready to build. A 2.0 or a 2056 I can build any way you want, IE cam carbs etc. I have two 1.8 or 1911 I can build any way you want with carbs , cam
I have one 901 transmission to finish and then can start on an engine. I will be out of the country for a week but will have WIFI. Could be a problem for you because I can't start right away. Any way , If you could wait awhile I'd be glad to build you one . Al
justme
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Mar 13 2024, 12:57 PM) *

QUOTE(justme @ Mar 11 2024, 05:50 PM) *

Hi folks

Phil

Phil, I have three engines ready to build. A 2.0 or a 2056 I can build any way you want, IE cam carbs etc. I have two 1.8 or 1911 I can build any way you want with carbs , cam
I have one 901 transmission to finish and then can start on an engine. I will be out of the country for a week but will have WIFI. Could be a problem for you because I can't start right away. Any way , If you could wait awhile I'd be glad to build you one . Al

I’ll pm you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.