Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking brake
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NARP74
I am following the Haynes adjustment procedure and can't get it right. One side grabs too much and the other is way off. The two cables are not level in the yoke at the handle end. Had a big fight with rust on the right side cable adjuster end. That side is the problem getting it adjusted too for some reason, probably unrelated.

Guess I will undo everything and start over. Any tips or tricks?
burlybryan
My experience.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=367149&hl=

I had struggled with the yoke being skewed one way as well, but finally figured it out. Hopefully this helps.
NARP74
I did find one issue, the PO had zip tied the left side cable housing up to keep it off the headers. That would not allow it to move and take up the slack. It also increased the fulcrum effect of the yoke and adjustments to the right side. I'll start over now and hopefully sneak up on the proper adjustment.
NARP74
So what temp do the headers get to? I need to buy some heat shielding since my parking brake cable is now sitting directly on the MSDS header. I'll see if I can route or fix it somewhere, but the last approach stopped it from being adjustable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.