Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 History
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jrrobertson
I have a COA for my car, but I thought I remembered that there was a person on the world that had more history on these cars. If so, how can I contact that person?
FlacaProductions
Contact Dave -
@davep
fiacra
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Mar 19 2024, 11:23 AM) *

Contact Dave -
@davep

I've tried several times to contact Dave over the past month -- PM's and emails, but no response. Is he still around?
sixaddict
Yes
He just responded to a post.
Dave_Darling
Most of what I've seen Dave P mention on the forum has been build date and such. Very little if any history after the time of sale.

If you're looking for that kind of information, you can Google the VIN and also look under "Member's VIN Numbers" in the "914 Info" section of this website. Look at the upper-right of this very page for a link.

You can also contact the DMV in states where you know it was registered and see if there is any info available to the public.

You can also ask in the PCA Regions in the areas where the car lived to see if people remember it and/or its owner.

--DD
FlacaProductions
DaveP's info is basically what the factory can/could provide if they wanted to. Or used to. Mine actually included the original key code, engine number, interior trim, etc. Also the Original Dealer is what I found interesting...but Dave D's right - nothing concerning the ownership chain. Gotta do a little research and have some luck along the way.
lalee914
If your car is a /6 I have a database of advertisements and can send you whatever I might have for your car. for some cars I have extensive info while for others little more than the fact that it exists somewhere in some condition. There are just too many /4s to keep track of. Check out my web site.

www.p914-6info.net

fiacra
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Mar 19 2024, 02:34 PM) *

DaveP's info is basically what the factory can/could provide if they wanted to. Or used to. Mine actually included the original key code, engine number, interior trim, etc. Also the Original Dealer is what I found interesting...but Dave D's right - nothing concerning the ownership chain. Gotta do a little research and have some luck along the way.

That is all information I would love to have. I do have the PPS for my BB, but it is sparse on information. I don't have the original engine, but without the engine number there is no way to at least start looking for that needle in a haystack. Does anyone have any other source? I've politely pinged Dave 3 times now without any response, and at that point you just have to assume that the guy doesn't want to be bothered and I have to respect that.....
davep
QUOTE(fiacra @ Mar 19 2024, 02:20 PM) *

QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Mar 19 2024, 11:23 AM) *

Contact Dave -
@davep

I've tried several times to contact Dave over the past month -- PM's and emails, but no response. Is he still around?

just sent an email, sorry it took so long
davep
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Mar 19 2024, 04:34 PM) *

Dave D and Brian are correct. What I can get is mostly factory data, and what I can learn from the car and it's documentation. Ownership history is a tough slog and I have no time to research that aspect. However, if by chance I have something in my files, then I can provide that. I have collected data since 1975, but it is hard to get reliable data.
Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.