Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight motor not popping up!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ovilla
I needed a good relay for some trouble shooting so I removed the one from the passenger side headlight motor and when I finally put it back the motor would no longer pop up. I then swapped the relay with the drivers side headlight motor to see if I had damamged it somehow but it worked fine on the drivers side The drivers side motor raises and lowers the headlight just fine (using the relay that I had originally removed from the passenger side). With the ignition on and the passenger side relay removed, I can manually raise the headlight using the manual adjustment screw and then upon re-attaching the relay (with the ignition still on) the headlight motor automatically engages and lowers the headlight. What gives? Is there some type of manual adjustment needed here? BTW, the lights do come on (low beam and high beam) but the passenger side motor will not pop up at all. Could I have bent the internal "stop" brushes by turning the adjustment knob the wrong way (since you CAN turn it either way to manually raise or lower the headlights)? I noticed that the drivers side motor, which is the only one that works, always turns in the same direction (towards the drivers side fender). I swear I love the 914 but stuff likes this drives me bonkers. Help!!!
redshift
You can't turn them the wrong way, the 'manual screw' will come off, backwards.

So, sounds like you have a grounding problem, a power problem, OR the pins on that relay could be bent out a lil, and solve it, for the time being..

Hmm.. power dn works... I am guessing it's the relay socket.

Do you have a manual? Haynes? Look at all the brown wires around that area.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.