Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: it's gone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nivekdodge
We've had a good cry but before the hook comes for it is there anything i should take from it?

Keviln
mb911
Details?
Front yard mechanic
A lesson
NARP74
What happened? Everyone OK?
rick 918-S
confused24.gif thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
emerygt350
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 25 2024, 03:33 PM) *

That's a little insensitive...
emerygt350
How it happened would be good idea for us though.
Craigers17
Sorry to hear this. I know you've spent a lot of time restoring it. I hope you are able to salvage at least the financial component through your insurance.
rjames
sad.gif

Sorry to hear this, especially after all the work you’ve put in on it.
With info and pics folks can recommend what you can salvage. If it was “just” an engine fire there’s likely quite a few parts that are worth saving/worth $.

Freezin 914
Hope you and your family are safe and doing ok.
Sorry to hear this happened.
How badly burned is it? I am sure some things could be salvaged.
mate914
I hope and pray everyone is ok. If is a 6 save it.
Matt
nivekdodge
QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 25 2024, 05:18 PM) *

Details?

nothing yet. i'm going tomorrow to look at it

kevin
nivekdodge
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Mar 25 2024, 05:31 PM) *

What happened? Everyone OK?

yes thanks were fine.

kevin
bkrantz
Kevin, very sorry to hear this. Take your time to process.
Montreal914
Nooooo!!!! headbang.gif

So sorry Kevin. sad2.gif
GregAmy
There were some photos on Facebook yesterday of a yellow 914 with a raging engine fire, I'm guessing that's the one. Can't find 'em now...
rhodyguy
This sucks Kev.
campbellcj
So sorry to hear and hopefully insurance works out ok. Have had a couple close calls myself, and it's scary.
Olympic 914
Damn, So sorry to hear this.

Never got to see it.

Should be a bunch of salvageable parts.
mb911
Just sucks. This year I put black cut in the engine bay in a more subtle location and then the passenger seat FE. This is my worst fear
930cabman
So long as everyone is safe, all the metal/glass/plastic is replaceable. A loss is a loss and I'm sure it hurts
windforfun
I'm really sorry for the loss. It happened to an old friend with a little Honda. Super scary.
Shivers
Sorry man, such a bummer.
76-914
I always hate reading about members losing a 914 to fire. These are more than just a car to us. My condolences. sad.gif
nivekdodge
Thanks guys, It seems to be the worst in the corner by the battery. It's so gone though you can't tell what went fist.
I did have one of those Stick fire extinguishers but to no avail. I'd recommend if you have one to order another and go some where to practice with it. I didn't know what to expect. Also the cop that came said you may slow it down but you're not putting it out.

I relly want to thank a lot of the guys here for the hell and knowledge. I was nice knowing you had this wealth of knowledge to ask questions in.

Thanks again guys. And if you didn't see it Thursday it turns 50.
Kevin
JamesM
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Mar 25 2024, 01:35 PM) *

I have to agree though, would have more impact in every way with pictures. Consider it a PSA to encourage more people to drive with figure suppression of some sort.

Just had my halon bottle serviced and recertified last year.
BillJ
Sorry to hear this for sure.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(JamesM @ Mar 26 2024, 11:05 PM) *

I have to agree though, would have more impact in every way with pictures. Consider it a PSA to encourage more people to drive with figure suppression of some sort.

Flat text. Don't read into it. It was merely a way of asking for clarity regarding the post.
majkos1
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 27 2024, 06:17 AM) *

QUOTE(JamesM @ Mar 26 2024, 11:05 PM) *

Flat text. Don't read into it. It was merely a way of asking for clarity regarding the post.

agree.gif
StarBear
Yep, had read on a thread that those stick extinguishers not sufficient for putting out fires, especially between the tin and the case. sad.gif
Got a 5-lb purple K, in front of the drivers seat. smile.gif
Krieger
So sorry to hear this.
PanelBilly
I know the Blazecut I installed in the engine cover won’t stop every kind of fire but it’s a step in the right direction to get it under control. They sure have gone up in price.
Lucky9146
Worst Nightmare, sorry to hear it! Any details might be helpful to the community.
white914.jpg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.