Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help - Ventilation Control Box Attachment?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom1394racing
I started the reassembly of the ventilation system on my '73 GT conversion project and was immediately stumped on how to attach the L&R control boxes to the chassis and the interior vents.

On a 911, there is an intermediate piece between the control box and the chassis with ears to accept mounting hardware. The 914 doesn't seem to have this piece and the control box seems to mount directly on the chassis.

How are the control box and vent connected and secured to the chassis? My disassembly photos don't show enough detail. The parts diagram shows some type of retaining clip (P/N 914 571 113 10). Is that what I need? Where can I get these?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Tom1394racing
I think I answered my own question. I found this clip in my misc. hardware from the disassembly. Seems like it is the missing piece. I need (3) more and will go through my stash to see if I have them. Anyone know a source for these, new or used?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Tom1394racing
Could not find any in my stash. Now on the hunt.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=369689
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.