Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.2 Conversion Fuel Tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mitox
I’ve been surfing the net for info on whether the early or late fuel tank is preferable on a 3.2 liter conversion. Haven’t found anything, and maybe it doesn’t make any difference.

Is there any reason to choose one over the other? Any feedback would be helpful - thanks.
sixnotfour
just be sure to use supply line..one with screen in tank.
Mitox
I was thinking I’ve read something about there being differences on the connections on the bottom of the tank.
bdstone914
@Mitox

The nipples on the bottom are both 8mm on the late tanks. They can be changed. The other tank difference is if the mount for the charcoal canister. Late tanks dont have it. Also late jicars do not have the vapor lunes running theu the drivers long.
Steve
I ran a 3.2 for over 20 years in my 75 with late tank. Tank doesn't matter, but like was mentioned make sure you are using the line with the screen in the tank to the pump. 3.2 fuel pump does not use a prefilter, so the screen in the tank is very important to protect the pump. I installed the charcoal canister in front of the battery and installed the DME behind the drivers seat. Putting the charcoal canister in the engine compartment allows you to just run one line to the motor. Otherwise if its an early car you already have two lines, so leaving the canister on the tank is no big deal.
Mitox
Thanks for the info.

I do plan to put the charcoal canister in the rear, though I think I’ll use an early tank with the metal expansion tank - don’t car for the plastic tank.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.