Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where is this thing???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMartin914
I've got the impeller housing off and am trying to find the oil pressure control piston plug. The relief piston is obvious on the bottom, but I can't seem to find this "12 point plug" on the left side of the motor.

Can I get to it without removing tin? The Haynes diagram is very vauge and UNhelpful.
Aaron Cox
on the side of the motor.... under the pushrod tubes.

use a 3/8 extension (the square part) fits perfecto!

someone has to have a pic.....

left side...recessed... under the pushrods
bd1308
oh i've seen that....

i was wondering what that was....

Joe Ricard
Why are you messing with it? Is your Oil pressure to low? Weltmiester makes a kit that has a longer piston and stiffer spring.
If the motor leaks a little now it really will leak then.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Aug 22 2005, 09:53 AM)
Why are you messing with it? Is your Oil pressure to low? Weltmiester makes a kit that has a longer piston and stiffer spring.

no stiffer spring joe.

they are 'TALLER' which preloads the spring, making it harder to bleed off pressure, thus boosting your oil pressure..... biggrin.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Aug 22 2005, 08:53 AM)

Who said anything about oil leaks?

I am installing a front cooler and a HF pump and the pistons to go with it. The weltmeister piston kit is in the box with everything else awaiting installation.
Jake Raby
The Haynes diagram is very vauge and UNhelpful.

Thats why I made this video.

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/store/p...09&cat=0&page=1

Not all TIV engines had this plug/piston.. if you have it it'll be between the pushrod tubes on the #1 cylinder..
davep
Jake, I thought you were in your 'hole' working hard and incommunicado?
hmeeder
user posted image
BMartin914
QUOTE (hmeeder @ Aug 22 2005, 03:24 PM)
user posted image

Thanks everybody. hmeeder - YOU ROCK! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.