Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice Looking Canadian Bumble Bee on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
Don't know how to do links but I bet Jeff Bowlsby can find it.
mihai914
BumbleBee

I saw this car advertized locally, he is asking $14K CAN.

Wow I just checked, he went down to $9800 CAN.

I think I met the owner at some point, sold him a perfect rear bumper pad which I could use now headbang.gif

He was putting alot of effort in to get the car perfect.

If someone is interested there are many of us around being able to do a PPI.

balljoint
If that car is as described then $10k CDN is a pretty good price.

Roughly $8k US.
davep
I know the VIN of the car for sale. Should be a good car.
Saw the LE creamsicle tub for sale at the Por'Volks Festival yesterday. Good solid tub. New paint on body. $10K as is, $14K assembled and finished. I'd go for the $14K sale as there is a lot to do yet. Could be a very nice show car.

Jeff: 4742914421 add 0759544
i love porsche
is it just me..or do those sidescripts look incorrect?

arent the letters supposed to be thicker?
Gustl
not sure about the sidescripts - but I'm pretty sure that the side mirrors aren't original ... rolleyes.gif
JeffBowlsby
Cool...thats Sylvains car....he rescued it a couple years ago and completely went through it. Didn't know he was selling...someone will get a beautiful car.

He fabbed those side stripes himself...they look pretty good, but are not identical to the real stripes.

Hey DaveP...any photos of the Creamsicle tub you saw?
michel richard
QUOTE (i love porsche @ Aug 22 2005, 09:57 AM)
is it just me..or do those sidescripts look incorrect?

At least the spelling is right.
scotty b
Are the "correct" side scripts available anywhere?? I restored a creamsicle a few years ago and bought the AA stickers and barf.gif Scripting was not located correctly and the color was off. I had to take the door to the paint shop and go through chips to find a matching orange. Customer didn't care but I did. Just another finger.gif on the AA bedpost.
GWN7
Thread Hijack....on a side note, on the plane ride home to get more parts & tools I sat next to a lady who works for the local P car dealership. Her daughter had a bumblebee. Sold it in 89 or 90. She is going to ask if the daughter has any pics or details (vin number?) on the car. All she can remember it was sold to a Ford dealer who is out of business now. Might be sitting is a garge somewhere local.
Mark Henry
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Aug 22 2005, 03:21 PM)

Hey DaveP...any photos of the Creamsicle tub you saw?

Look at the pic's on the end of the Por'Volks thread
JeffBowlsby
$13,700 for this beauty, sounds like the right price to me. The car was bought by a Porsche collector and is headed to a heated garage in Virginia... biggrin.gif
type47
where in VA? some northern VA guys would like to welcome the new owner into the fold. or the new owner could contact us if they are on this board.....

(maybe johnb got another new car! sorry johnb ;>) )
JeffBowlsby
The new owner is a serious P-car collector, this is his 1st 914, but has severla other P-cars. He is also on the hunt for Creamsicle and Grasshopper for an LE trio... wink.gif

John Rowe recently acquired a beautiful adriatic blue/white interior car...1975 I think. Search for a recent post form him with a photo.
davep
Well, the ivory car of Mike Galloway is for sale at about the same price. I'm sure the quality will be high as well. Hate to see good cars leaving Canada though. Also a nice six for sale in Winnipeg.
balljoint
Good $. Again, sad to see an LE leave.

I love almost everything about the LEs, and I would have bought that one of Mike's except for the fact that Creamsicles are so damned ugly. burnout.gif

Dave_Darling
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Aug 31 2005, 10:37 AM)
John Rowe recently acquired a beautiful adriatic blue/white interior car...1975 I think. Search for a recent post form him with a photo.

For 75, that'd probably be Laguna Blue. Was that Charles Hill's car?

--DD
JeffBowlsby
Laguna...I think you are right...looks darker than Laguna but lighter than Adriatic, now that I reviewed Marks paint color page. A very good-looking combination to my eye. Here is the thread and photo:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...f=2&t=36971&hl=

JohnB
Dave's right on the color; Laguna Blue. It's a resto/repaint but original color (as is everything else). I'm planning to drive it to the ECC in 2 weeks. This car belonged to a local owner in MD who got it from his brother in law. It used to live in San Diego in 1996, was moved to MD in '98. Door sticker doesn't show that it ever had cats, though.

But I sure would have liked to have another LE!

Yeah, let's hope the new owner turns up in our area. Do you know where the collector is in VA, Jeff?
JeffBowlsby
I am sorry, I forgot to post the new location for the LE.

Maidens, VA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.