Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS AA Steel Flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rick 918-S
I have a set of AA Steel Flares I am not going to use. $ 1000.00 plus Shipping or $ 3400.00 Installed. PM me if interested. If you really need photos I will take some but I think we all know what they look like. smile.gif

AA price is 1195.00 plus shipping.
MikeV914
PM sent
rick 918-S
Still available.

if you purchase these from AA now they are $ 1195.00 plus shipping costs so the reduced price for new parts should be a bargain. Or bring your car and I can install them for you. smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
Freezin 914
Wish I had the money, I believe this to be a good deal, and even a better deal if installed!!
A great gesture!
GLWTS
mepstein
Not to mention that AA charges an oversized package fee even though it’s not oversized or overweight. One of our customers spent $200 for shipping. I looked it up on FedEx and it should have cost him $55 to get to his house in FL from GA. Flares were just packed in a cardboard box with paper between them so nothing special was done for the “handling fee”.

$1,000 is a good deal. beerchug.gif
sixaddict
Speaking of getting burned on shipping….
Sent a cardboard wrapped large FG front air dam ( 930) and FedEx told me $101.70.
Paid by AX card.
Bill c@me in and they upped charges to $395……( that’s more $$$$ more than the whole deal))
Currently working through dispute process ……
Land mines everywhere.
rick 918-S
Shipping is always a challenge these days. Killed a deal I had on that windshield opening fixture I made and have no use for now. Had to use a Bike Box to ship it and the size drove the price way up.

Anyway if you consider the reduced price and the overcharge for shipping it appears the price makes a little more affordable.

I would trade for a re-chromed early front bumper. That is the only reason I am selling these flares. I need nice bumpers for my 6. Chroming is now $ 1000.00 per bumper and a 20 week back log.
BillJ
Is it less or more to swap out fiberglass fenders that are already there for these?
mepstein
QUOTE(BillJ @ Apr 4 2024, 12:14 PM) *

Is it less or more to swap out fiberglass fenders that are already there for these?

My buddy replaced glass with metal and his needed additional metal patch sections. The glass flairs were larger in spots than the metal flares. He was happy with the final result.
sixaddict
Try Parcel Monkey…….it still goes UPS ( generally) but at much better rate. Mark turned me on to them.
vintage914racer
I’ve always wanted to put flares on the blue car and give it the GT treatment. If I was only closer. laugh.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(vintage914racer @ Apr 4 2024, 07:59 PM) *

I’ve always wanted to put flares on the blue car and give it the GT treatment. If I was only closer. laugh.gif

idea.gif biggrin.gif
mb911
Ironically your price is right in line with what I charge to do flares for my clients
rick 918-S
QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 5 2024, 03:04 PM) *

Ironically your price is right in line with what I charge to do flares for my clients

I've done a few sets. Did a set on a slope nose before. That was interesting. sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 5 2024, 06:54 PM) *

I've done a few sets. Did a set on a slope nose before. That was interesting. sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif

I remember, the yellow one.
cgnj
I have 2 questions.

1.Is there a difference between AA flares and Restoration design flares?

2. Are these sold? I have set on my project list @ Restoration Design. I would prefer to help a member out, if the fit and finish is comparable.

rick 918-S
QUOTE(cgnj @ Apr 5 2024, 07:32 PM) *

I have 2 questions.

1.Is there a difference between AA flares and Restoration design flares?

2. Are these sold? I have set on my project list @ Restoration Design. I would prefer to help a member out, if the fit and finish is comparable.

I thought they were the same product. I thought George had the dies made and Restoration Design sells his product But I could be wrong.

mepstein
Same product.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 5 2024, 06:20 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 5 2024, 06:54 PM) *

I remember, the yellow one.

This one

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...&hl=corvair
Root_Werks
Wanted to bump this thread after reading the thread in the garage "Cost to install flares" popped up.

This is a good deal for the flares and even better deal for the install. Having installed a few sets myself, it's a bit of work.

I had seriously thought about flaring my 914 before I painted it 2 years ago. Probably should have done it.

welder.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Apr 11 2024, 05:28 PM) *

Wanted to bump this thread after reading the thread in the garage "Cost to install flares" popped up.

This is a good deal for the flares and even better deal for the install. Having installed a few sets myself, it's a bit of work.

I had seriously thought about flaring my 914 before I painted it 2 years ago. Probably should have done it.

welder.gif

Hi Dan! Ya I would have installed them. Just completed a deal and shipped them. Thanks everyone for the interest.
technicalninja
Well, I'm both pissed and relieved these are gone.

Much easier to resist the temptation with them gone. devil.gif

Now, I DON"T have to have the conversation with the Wife...

That was a good deal!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.