Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shipping delays
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rjames
Priority mail seems fine, but the Post Office’s Ground Advantage service is horrible.
I ordered 2 things that were shipped that way recently. I live in Seattle, WA. Item # 1 was an elbow brace for my injured son coming from Indiana. It took 3 weeks and the tracking information was spotty at best.
Item 2 was just a steering column bearing that I ordered from 914Rubber and was shipped from Portland on March 25th. It still hasn’t arrived and the last tracking information was on the 27th saying that it’s ‘moving through the network’.
I could’ve walked the part from Portland to Seattle by now. dry.gif
Mikey914
Ouch, If it was less than 1lb, we could have shipped reg mail and would probably have been faster. Sorry!
914Sixer
WATCH out for UPS ground shipping. They now have a program that takes 10 days with NO Tracking. Found out when I bought stuff from FCP Groton, that was shipped FREE(LOL).
pfreiburger
I am surprised to hear that, as I also sell on eBay on a daily basis, and about 90% of my sales are sent USPS Ground Advantage. In over 100 sales so far this year delivery has been quick (my shipping feedback is excellent) and only one shipment was a problem (they lost a package and delivered it after 30 days).

I use UPS and FedEx to a lesser extent, but have been OK there too. You may be experiencing a regional issue. I have seen chatter on line that USPS has issues in CA - yup, that was where my one package was lost for 30 days.

Anyway, sorry to hear of your problems, hope your next purchases are better!
rjames
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 5 2024, 03:34 PM) *

Ouch, If it was less than 1lb, we could have shipped reg mail and would probably have been faster. Sorry!

I’m sure it was lighter than 1 lb. But not your fault.
I'm hoping the steering rack you’re rebuilding for me won’t suffer the same fate on it’s return trip. Hopefully it will be shipped via another method.
Mikey914
No, It's big enough Fedex Ground is the method that offers the best value and it's pretty good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.