Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 71 Chalon(?) from BHCC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
Interesting if you're into Chalon:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/226079194761?itmme...ABk9SR6qF48HWYw
dr914@autoatlanta.com
WE inherited the molds from Mitcom when they went out of business. We always called the kit the Sh**tlon

QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Apr 6 2024, 09:07 AM) *

73-914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 6 2024, 12:44 PM) *

WE inherited the molds from Mitcom when they went out of business. We always called the kit the Sh**tlon

QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Apr 6 2024, 09:07 AM) *

agree.gif lol-2.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif
Superhawk996

If you’re tired of those molds sitting round - feel free to donate them to me. happy11.gif
Tdskip
If anyone is serious, like not messing around but like actually serious, I will be near there on Monday, and I am happy to put eyes on the car.
Dave_Darling
I'm shocked to see that from BHCC! I mean, there's no visible rust!!

--DD
raynekat
Chalon is not the worst body kit ever put on a 914.
The Dino Ferrari kit wasn’t half bad.
Root_Werks
Up on The Samba as well:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det....php?id=2677023

Can't tell if it's one of the kits that uses real 911 bumpers and bellows. Buddy of mine had a Chalon many years ago that used lengthened 911 bumpers. Honestly was impressed with the kit overall and it used quite a number of 911 parts. He ran a 2.7 six which matched the look.

30 years ago I wanted a Chalon'd 914. These days, prefer a stock looking 914. Just preference.
AZBanks
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 7 2024, 03:05 PM) *

--DD

If you look closely at the rear trunk pan, it looks like there is several layers of fiberglass over the sheet metal. The ribs in the metal don't look right. I had a 914 with fiberglass covering a lot of rust. That trunk floor looks a lot like what I had.
AZBanks
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Apr 6 2024, 03:27 PM) *

If you’re tired of those molds sitting round - feel free to donate them to me. happy11.gif

I'll claim second in line for the molds.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Apr 13 2024, 10:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 7 2024, 03:05 PM) *

--DD

If you look closely at the rear trunk pan, it looks like there is several layers of fiberglass over the sheet metal. The ribs in the metal don't look right. I had a 914 with fiberglass covering a lot of rust. That trunk floor looks a lot like what I had.

That trunk looks like it's about to cave in.

welder.gif
mepstein
The chalon was often used to get a crash damaged car back on the road.
Inkspot
Like 'Root_Werks', but 40-yrs ago, I loved this kit aktion035.gif . Then 20-yrs ago, I acquired one from a Sacramento, CA, Body Shop. Inside one of the three large boxes was the original Mitcom sales receipt from Redondo Beach, CA! Fast forward to 5-yrs ago, I didn't like it anymore and someone bought it from me. Glad I didn't cut up sawzall-smiley.gif my 1972 one, as I like it the way it is fully stock looking!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.