Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB : 914 Instrument gauge indicator lenses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
porscheteck914
Hi , Does anyone know were I can get the little indicator plastic lenses that go in the temp /oil gauge, The line of them across a 1974 gauge. Looking for yellow , mines dry rotted/faded. Also looking for the other colors too . Thank you very much . Paul
914Sixer
NO longer available new.
FlacaProductions
That's a tough one.
I've rebuilt a few of the combo gauges using lenses I found scavenging from other gauges. I've seen versions where just appropriately colored lenses are glued across the back of the gauge face - giving you the correct coloring but not the correct lens appearance. Looks pretty good, though. You can find colored acrylic sheets/rounds on ebay or amazon. @burton73 and I talked a lot about this - to the point where he hand poured me some (that's his field) that I ended up hand-finishing and they look pretty good - but labor intensive for sure. maybe he'll chime in here.
Mikey914
May have some I can check Monday when I'm back in. Pretty sure I do. If so, they're yours as I think I had a bunch.
FlacaProductions
And that "yellow" one is supposed to be white and is a dummy with no backlight. I also believe it's shallower than the red and green as it doesn't fit into a rubber light tube - it's just taped to the back of the gauge face.
burton73
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Apr 6 2024, 02:45 PM) *

That's a tough one.
I've rebuilt a few of the combo gauges using lenses I found scavenging from other gauges. I've seen versions where just appropriately colored lenses are glued across the back of the gauge face - giving you the correct coloring but not the correct lens appearance. Looks pretty good, though. You can find colored acrylic sheets/rounds on ebay or amazon. @burton73 and I talked a lot about this - to the point where he hand poured me some (that's his field) that I ended up hand-finishing and they look pretty good - but labor intensive for sure. maybe he'll chime in here.

Sorry I just trashed the small test mold I made for this.

No Idea where you can get them as a stock piece

Best Bob B
burton73
Sorry
porscheteck914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 6 2024, 06:04 PM) *

May have some I can check Monday when I'm back in. Pretty sure I do. If so, they're yours as I think I had a bunch.

Hey Mickey , did you check to see if you had any ? Thanks
Mikey914
I'll head out to the barn tomorrow again. I shuffled some parts, pretty sure I do, but will confirm tomorrow.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.