Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Reflector Deleted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stratfink
The poor rear reflector was hanging on by just 2 of the 6 attach points when I got the 914 and I’ve been running around with 6 rather large holes in the rear of the car since removing it.

I mocked this up and then had it fabricated using “send cut send”. The original plan was to paint it black and use a chrome 914 logo, but I think I’ll run it bare with the black lettering for now. Someday when she gets paint and body work I may formally fill the holes from the reflector but this is so much better for now…

Click to view attachment
JamesM
QUOTE(Stratfink @ Apr 7 2024, 09:08 PM) *

The poor rear reflector was hanging on by just 2 of the 6 attach points when I got the 914 and I’ve been running around with 6 rather large holes in the rear of the car since removing it.

I mocked this up and then had it fabricated using “send cut send”. The original plan was to paint it black and use a chrome 914 logo, but I think I’ll run it bare with the black lettering for now. Someday when she gets paint and body work I may formally fill the holes from the reflector but this is so much better for now…

Looks good. My initial though though was that it would be better blacked out, with the silver 914 badge offset in the factory location.

Did SendCutSend do the studs on it as well or did you add those after getting the plate back? Been looking at possibly getting some various parts made up but wasnt sure how complex I can get with them.
rick 918-S
Good result
Stratfink
QUOTE(JamesM @ Apr 7 2024, 10:51 PM) *

Did SendCutSend do the studs on it as well or did you add those after getting the plate back? Been looking at possibly getting some various parts made up but wasnt sure how complex I can get with them.

James,
SendCutSend did the stud installation. They have a pretty good catalog of hardware and it was easy enough to add the hardware when ordering.

Osnabruck914
Great solution, but definitely needs paint and badges in their proper locations.

Osnabruck914
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the rear reflective lens used to be a very popular item and we bought the company and equipment when Tim at Z products decided to sell. He made many of the reflectors for different models and sold to new car dealers around the country. Now the equipment just sits here as we do not have a man to make them (they are very popular with 74-86 911 owners on a budget) and the 914 lens as a replacement for previously drilled rear panels, and customer 914s..
silverg
So much nicer than the reflective lens look!
Shivers
That looks like it took some time. The number placement looks odd, but only because you moved it. It look good the way you did it
Al Meredith
This weekend at our local car nuts get together ( first Sunday of the month) several of us Porsche guys were talking about this very subject. VERY hard to find this part for the 911 as they fail with age. George at AA might want to fire up his machine and start making this again .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.