Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Save the date: Pre Carlisle swap meet activities
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
saigon71
Come to town a day early to hang out with your 914 brothers & sisters.

Schedule of Friday activities:

12:00PM-3:00PM: Lunch at my house - we'll fire up the grill, hang out and talk cars. I'll supply everything but booze, so BYOB if you want to drink. Bring a yard chair as well.

My address is:
9 Mary Drive
Dillsburg, PA 17019
717-434-3662

For some reason, my address was deleted from some apps during the last upgrade. If your GPS doesn't find my house, set it to 9 MAY Drive. After passing 9 MAY Drive on the left, take the 2nd left onto Mary Drive - my place is on the left.

3:00PM: Depart for the drive. Enjoy a spirited drive on some country roads. The drive is about 50 miles (1.5 hours), with a couple stops along the way. No 914 - no problem, join us in any car, or ride shotgun with someone else.

5:00PM ish: Leave my house for Desperate Times Brewery, 1201 Carlisle Springs Road, Carlisle, PA

6:00PM: Dinner & drinks at Desperate Times. Reservations are under "The 914 Club." We're in the same area as last year. Derek Sweger has assumed ownership of Aircooled Racing and will be sponsoring the 2nd annual "Guess that 914 part" game with some kick ass prizes.

Link to the swap meet:

https://www.pca.org/events/porsche-only-swa...a-region-572114

Please let me know what events you plan on attending,

Hopefully, the weather will cooperate this year. dry.gif
mate914
Will be there!
TonyA
I’ll be there. Is dinner at the same place as last year??
saigon71
QUOTE(TonyA @ Apr 8 2024, 09:17 PM) *

Yes, dinner is at the same place - Desperate Times Brewery.
TomE
I will be at dinner. I think my wife and two grandkids as well but I will know in a day or two.
930cabman
Looking forward to it, thanks for the reminder
saigon71
icon_bump.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Apr 9 2024, 06:51 AM) *

Yes, dinner is ath the same place - Desperate Times Brewery.

What time?
saigon71
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 18 2024, 07:36 AM) *

QUOTE(saigon71 @ Apr 9 2024, 06:51 AM) *

Yes, dinner is ath the same place - Desperate Times Brewery.

What time?

6PM. Address is:

1201 Carlisle Springs Road
Carlisle, PA 17013

Reservations are under "The 914 Club"

Full schedule of Friday events will be posted this weekend.
TonyA
I’ll be there and trying to get there early.
saigon71
Deets added on post #1. icon_bump.gif
shag
Hi Bob, I will be there. Thanks very much for doing this, I think this is very nice and generous of you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you.
John
914-VI
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Apr 8 2024, 08:08 AM) *

Come to town a day early to hang out with your 914 brothers & sisters.

Schedule of Friday activities:

12:00PM-3:00PM: Lunch at my house - we'll fire up the grill, hang out and talk cars. I'll supply everything but booze, so BYOB if you want to drink. Bring a yard chair as well.

My address is:
9 Mary Drive
Dillsburg, PA 17019
717-434-3662

For some reason, my address was deleted from some apps during the last upgrade. If your GPS doesn't find my house, set it to 9 MAY Drive. After passing 9 MAY Drive on the left, take the 2nd left onto Mary Drive - my place is on the left.

3:00PM: Depart for the drive. Enjoy a spirited drive on some country roads. The drive is about 50 miles (1.5 hours), with a couple stops along the way. No 914 - no problem, join us in any car, or ride shotgun with someone else.

5:00PM ish: Leave my house for Desperate Times Brewery, 1201 Carlisle Springs Road, Carlisle, PA

6:00PM: Dinner & drinks at Desperate Times. Reservations are under "The 914 Club." We're in the same area as last year. Derek Sweger has assumed ownership of Aircooled Racing and will be sponsoring the 2nd annual "Guess that 914 part" game with some kick ass prizes.

Link to the swap meet:

https://www.pca.org/events/porsche-only-swa...a-region-572114

Please let me know what events you plan on attending,

Hopefully, the weather will cooperate this year. dry.gif

Hi Bob! I'll be at your place between 12 & 3. Appreciate you putting this together. Will be at the dinner too.

Cheers!
Howie
ejm
Won't know until Friday if I'll be there in time for the drive but will definitely be there for dinner.
saigon71
icon_bump.gif
VaccaRabite
Wish I could be there today. Getting ready for a camping trip with a Scouts this weekend. 914 is tucked in the garage for at least another week... :-/

Zach
nivekdodge
After deciphering the forcast It looked like rain all afternoon.I decided not to go. How was the turnout?

Kevin
mepstein
Turn out in the vendor area was really good. Most spaces were filled. Turn out in the car for sale area was really small. 15 cars. Concourse and general Porsche parking was ok but not many early cars. A couple 914’s.
Dinner with the 914 guys the night before was great and overall a good swap. Weather wasn’t sunny and nice but only a few sprinkles before noon and cool but not cold.

I only bought one thing, an electronic Carrera speedo for $5 - score.
Handed off a bunch of pre sold items to world guys.
Good to catch up with everyone.
Good day and I’ll keep going to the event.

* Big thanks to Bob for organizing dinner. smilie_pokal.gif
mate914
Thanks Bob for dinner setup. Thanks Derek from Air cooled racing for fun trivia. Thank you Mark for another year of great parts. I almost bought the Sheel seats, I was just out of cash....
Matt flag.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(mate914 @ Apr 27 2024, 09:46 PM) *

Thanks Bob for dinner setup. Thanks Derek from Air cooled racing for fun trivia. Thank you Mark for another year of great parts. I almost bought the Sheel seats, I was just out of cash....
Matt flag.gif

I came really close. They were a great deal but I can buy everything.
shag
Just wanted to thank you Bob for hamburgers and hog dogs and the guests. I had a great time.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(nivekdodge @ Apr 27 2024, 04:14 PM) *

After deciphering the forcast It looked like rain all afternoon.I decided not to go. How was the turnout?

Kevin

Turnout was good. You can always tell it's a decent turnout when you start getting the families and guys with girlfriends around 10 AM, there were plenty of both this year. The hardcore swap folks are always there, but it's a good swap when everyone comes out. We sold out of everything, but then everything was FREE so....
If you didn't get a hat or shirt, meet me at Stoddard in June, we will have plenty of both.
930cabman
Great gesture, I was unable to make it, but am looking forward to seeing the group in Cleveland.

Thanks
ejm
Thank you to Bob and Aircooled Racing for Friday's events and Adam for the swag on Saturday. Good turn out for the swap and great to see everyone.

Click to view attachment
Bwingate
I couldn't make it this year - but will try for next year.

I am going to the Import show on May 11. If all goes well, I'll be taking the 914.

It sounds like their might be more loot at the swap meet than at the Import show, unless you have an MG - the pickings are slim for German car.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.