Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: L-Jet Dual Relay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
fiacra
Those of us who have L-Jet know about, or are someday going to get a hard lesson in, this dual relay. It is a weak point in the system, and when it fails you are dead in the water. Surprisingly to me given how many vehicles use this dual relay they are no longer made. The last one I bought in mid 2023 I got on Amazon for $65. A search now shows almost everyone is out of stock. Suppliers that do have it are asking a premium. I have a friend with a 1978 Super Beetle that needs this relay so if you have a working one for sale please let me know. Primarily I'm looking for non-functional relays in an effort to see if they can be fixed and learn how to fix them. I'll be working with a friend who we all describe as an "electrical savant" who is willing to donate his time to diagnose, fix, and pass on his knowledge. I intend to post what I learn in the Garage, and maybe even take on future repairs for fellow World members.

Please let me know what you have and what you want for them. Most will have a part number 0 332 514 020, 0 332 514 029, or something similar. Early ones may be metal, later ones have a black plastic case.
914Sixer
Another part number is Beck/Arnley 203-0053. GO to Ratwell.com He has a section on the diagrams for the relay.
Al Meredith
The Porsche 912E uses this relay as well
fiacra
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 9 2024, 11:37 AM) *

Another part number is Beck/Arnley 203-0053. GO to Ratwell.com He has a section on the diagrams for the relay.

Yup, I have already been to Ratwell.com. There are also instructions for using other relays to make this relay. I wasn't aware of the alternative part number, but that is still an NLA relay..... The Bus relay can be used, but you have to change the pin location. That relay is also NLA. I believe Clay Perrine can provide the instructions on how to modify the Bus relay. Trying to put all of this into one place, hopefully repair a few relays, and help others do so. We'll see confused24.gif
Krieger
Was the one Chris had no bueno?
fiacra
QUOTE(Krieger @ Apr 9 2024, 10:14 PM) *

Was the one Chris had no bueno?

Hoping it is good, but I don't know yet.
MartyYeoman
popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.